Skip navigation

Which Alloys look "original"?

Back to the top

Which Alloys look "original"?

Following on from the previous thread about tyres/wheel sizes, I have decided to allow Rimstyle to relieve me of a few hundred pounds!! 8O

My present alloys are letting the side down in their present condition and I need new tyres anyway so looking at wheel and tyre packages, but want the new wheels to look as original and in keeping as possible.

I realise that wheels are very subjective, but what do you think of these:

but like the clean look of

Too much choice!!!!!  But want to get it right….. 8O

Sharon

Back to the top
Got a pic of the car they're going on?  would help for an opinion.  On looks I prefer to first one.

Banner

Back to the top
wheels one 100%

very inkeeping with any mk1 golf.

Back to the top

Pic of the old girl.  If you have any other suggestions, I could do with the advice!!

Sharon

Back to the top
out of those two I would pick the BBS

the others look too modern

what about these?

http://farm4.static.fl…642276_77f4eb65cd.jpg?v=0

it's all down to personal taste

Back to the top
^^WHS^^

Ronal LS not to bad on a cab either.

Banner

Back to the top
1st wheels for me too

Back to the top

Would be my choice .

Back to the top
The first ones lenso bsx? if so iv got them on mine look very smart on my tintop, when shiney! whatch out for the offset though as mine rub a little on th rear arches with a et20, allthough five spokes might suit a cabby with kit better… nieties look etc!!!
Al :D

Back to the top
Just my opinion but i dont like either of them. First set seem more in keeping with the what you stated you want but second ones just look cheap and nasty to me. Have seen plenty other five spokes that look much nicer.

There are a million and one wheels you could choose for your car but as has been said - it's your car so cant really understand why ask for other peoples opinion? Choose the wheels you like not what a demographic tells you!

Back to the top
Oh and despite what i just said…buy these, I'm not sure i would be driving my car if they weren't fitted when i first saw it!

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
could alleycats be justified as original looking alloys?

Back to the top
Keep the Avus/Snowflake/Scalas…….or first set if need a change.  Not too many with original wheel combo these days!

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Thanks for all your advice.

I have thinking to do.  The other alternative is to have the present wheels refurbed, but then that's going to cost me ?200, plus I need 4 new tyres anyway.  I've also got the added problem that there is a tube in the rear nearside, due to a poor seal from the alloy.

Having seen a set of Scalas refurbed, they look fantastic…..

Now I have a headache….. 8O

Sharon

Back to the top
fair play darth, i want borbets on mine their just too  big for what i want.

i have ideas though:D:D

And definatly not the fox wheels, theyd look shocking, they do not on a car so if you banged them on a mk1, itd look terrible.

sorry.

Mk1s dont like ripspeed and fox racing.

Basically halfords.

Back to the top
Whatever you choose,unless sticking with the ones you have on,I think it would need lowering a little IMO :wink:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
When refurbing the scalas would you change colour or anything?

Back to the top
I think in your case refurbing the originals would be a mistake as you obviously fancy a change, otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread

Back to the top

Back to the top

novocaine said

novocaine are the springs on your car standard and what size wheels/tyres  are they. I have same car as you but mine has had lowering springs on and its too low and hard.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.