Skip navigation

Revs drop and cuts out *urgentish*

Back to the top

Revs drop and cuts out *urgentish*

then your back to the fuse box. and switch then.
(quality parts dont stop corrosion though mate)

Back to the top
I think your problem is lying in fusebox bud, had same issue on the x reg i had, took apart the fusebox and one of the pins. brackets the fuse connects to had snapped.
Bought a new fusebox and job fixed, if it was main earth from battery and i am not electrical minded but figured this out on my friends 1.5 is the earth strap would be corroded and you would have no power at all, replaced his and car up and running, this i believe is relating ur problem to fusebox, see if you can borrow one to try before spending.
Pull fusebox from bracket and take some pics so when you remove the plugs you know where they go, i did this and fitted new one back no worries, trust me, electrics i haven't a clue so don't be worried about working there.
Have you tried fitting other stalks near steering wheel, this could be a possibility, mine was not this but on a mk2 one of the copper parts had broken and my wipers were all working in opposite way lol
The carb flange on 1.5's is not rubber type like the 1.6 or 1.8, thou the earlier 1.6 before 1980 like mine is also a JB block and had same carb flange which is more of a small O ring type and solid type carding therefore i would rule out any leaks as it is stronger than rubber and rubber one's split for fun, unless the bolts that bolt carb down could be slighty loose.
But vac setup could also be wrong somewhere, old piping which eats away over the years and causes split in the piping
Carb could be not set up and timing slighty out, vac piping may not be in good nick, fuel vapour separator maybe blocked, as regards this do you have the black plastic separator on your block, sits just slighty to the right on the front of rocker cover, remove and tap the fuel inside on ur hand see if any crap comes out, if it does change the separator you did say you've cleaned tank etc, did you clean the filter on end of fuel sender also as well as changing fuel separator aswell as in-line filter.
Carb could do with a good clean with carb cleaner, remove 2 bolts that hold it down, keep it upside down and blast it, using a soft toothbrush to clean the awkward areas
Replacing coil, dizzy cap and rotor arm, spark plugs will not correct the fault if it is lying elsewhere, so try and cover the possibles i have given above fella

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Get down there madferret, give him an hand, then you can fix it
Pete :wink:

I'd travel anywhere to help someone out but its not like I can really risk going in my car atm :) It barely gets to your place without problems atm.

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83

Back to the top
wow cheers, that will keep me busy, i feel like i got homework  :lol:

i'l let you know how it goes! il just replace evrything, got a few spare mk1s to rip parts off, think i got a s/s filler neck aswell lurking in the pile of junk, i mean, mk1 goodness  :D

owns:

mk1 jetta 1983 blue

1966 beetle on hydros

1959 lowlight karmann ghia

Back to the top

having the same trouble

im having the same problem as you with the revs dropping and cutting out however mine only happens when im driving up hill. i have replaed the in line fuel pump and looking for a new carburetter o ring/gasket piece as in not creating a propper seal however i cant source the part as VW have stopped making the part. can any one else help with my problem of sourcing the part or any other ideas as why the revs drop and cut out

cheers :banghead:

vw golf mk1 GX 1.5 1983

Back to the top
madferret and pete. owe u both a few pints or sexual flavours at the next meet  :lol:  mayb just a pint tho lol

changed the fusebox and it worked! not as scary as i imagined either

cheers guys, both legends! and anyone else who suggested stuff

sprung a fuel leak 2day, fun fun fun  :lol:

owns:

mk1 jetta 1983 blue

1966 beetle on hydros

1959 lowlight karmann ghia

Back to the top
Will be a blowjob for me then as i don't drink :lol:

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

8O remind me not to ask for your assistance   :lol:

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

Peddersgolf said

once you've met him you wont be saying that. :wink:

Back to the top

funk-star said

Peddersgolf said

Good job your posting air filter box hey :lol: :lol:

Back to the top

novocaine said

funk-star said

Peddersgolf said

Is he 6ft blonde, huge boobies, and legs to die for? if not ill leave it thanks :mrgreen:

Air box posted by standard parcels so you should get it in the next few days

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

novocaine said

funk-star said

Peddersgolf said

Is he 6ft blonde, huge boobies, and legs to die for? if not ill leave it thanks :mrgreen:

Air box posted by standard parcels so you should get it in the next few days

oh so you've met him before then. fair enough.

Back to the top
Getting worried about you Greasy :dontknow:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.