Skip navigation

Women who text while driving, STOP!!!!!!!

Back to the top

Women who text while driving, STOP!!!!!!!

:lmao:

Back to the top

Diesel-dubber said

no realy, thats what you had to do. so much play in the steering box.

i never tightened it up.

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

Diesel-dubber said

no realy, thats what you had to do. so much play in the steering box.

i never tightened it up.

How long did you drive it like that?

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

welsh-mk1 said

Films get on my nerves also for this.

used to think the old films were funny when the driver steers left right left right.

then when i got my fastback it came clear that you have to do that to keep it going in a straight line

How come you owned and drove a car before anyway? According to this thread:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…ms&file=viewtopic&t=52724

you didn't take your test until a couple of months ago. Something isn't quite adding up here  :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Could have been a re-test after a ban. Could have driven as a named driver. :dontknow:

Why do you care?

Back to the top
ok, goes like this.
had a trike vw1600 that a swapped for this vw fastback, fast back was moted and taxed (tax exempt)

when we went to pick it up we went out for a drive (steven, my bro inlaw was driving) we then continued of down this long country road. were steve pulled over and a took her for a spin. whilst i know it's not strickly legal :wink:
it was good fun to drive my own car. i even moved it onto the road for the picture of it that i love. naughty i know,  but i'm sorry.
sorry to see her go.

P.S. whilst i'm not a hard core criminal, i have done a few things that are a little outside the line.
never stolen anything, never hurt anyone, it was the quietest road we could find and was not the first time i had ever driven.

i hope i havn't offended anyone, and i'm deeply sorry for confusing you paul. hope this helps and maybe you will be able to sleep tonight :lol:

Back to the top
No worries dude, just scratching my head that's all!

Back to the top
Set something off here eh? I feel a bit sexist with the title but I do an average of 5k miles a month generally and 99% of the time its women. There are some crap male drivers too.

In all honesty I dont mind if people have a picnic behind the wheel of the car, I do many dodgy things myself, but it should never affect your driving (saw another girl doing it today again, looked like she was trying to put it back in the centre console and drifting into the middle of the road!).

Back to the top

mk1-400 said

Set something off here eh? I feel a bit sexist with the title but I do an average of 5k miles a month generally and 99% of the time its women. There are some crap male drivers too.

In all honesty I dont mind if people have a picnic behind the wheel of the car, I do many dodgy things myself, but it should never affect your driving (saw another girl doing it today again, looked like she was trying to put it back in the centre console and drifting into the middle of the road!).

Yeah, that is a bit sexist. We're not all ditzy, text-loving idiot drivers (and they're not all female). And according to insurance companies, there are more crap male drivers than female drivers so we don't have to pay as much. Yay. Still, this thread has made me laugh. :O)

Life in the French Alps: <a href="Le Franco Phoney: All things French in La Clusaz, Annecy and Haute Savoie">www.lefrancophoney.com</a>

Back to the top
Yeah, my bad  :oops:  I have seen women do it literally hundreds of times to twice with men though so thats where I was coming from, and the fact she had kids on board signs all over her window and almost killed her kid from texting p1ssed me off a bit.

Back to the top
It's annoy me too. :O)

(She's giving the rest of us a bad name, as well as putting her loved ones at risk).

Life in the French Alps: <a href="Le Franco Phoney: All things French in La Clusaz, Annecy and Haute Savoie">www.lefrancophoney.com</a>

Back to the top

mk1-400 said

Yeah, my bad  :oops:  I have seen women do it literally hundreds of times to twice with men though so thats where I was coming from, and the fact she had kids on board signs all over her window and almost killed her kid from texting p1ssed me off a bit.

To be fair, its normally women who you SEE texting (or phoning); guys tend to only phone while driving, or have the common sense to hold the phone out of sight while texting.

Back to the top
I solved this problem recently by winding my chair back and putting a brick on the accelerator, steering with my feet, this also allowed me extra viewing of both blind spots.

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83
There are too many online users to list.