Skip navigation

Women who text while driving, STOP!!!!!!!

Back to the top

Women who text while driving, STOP!!!!!!!

Don't think Sat Navs are much better, tbh.

Still something to fiddle with while you should be concentrating on driving, plus the fact that a lot of people blindly do what it says, despite obviously being wrong:

Err, excuse me, why have you driven into a lake??

"THE ROBOT SAID 'GO' !!!!"

Back to the top
My arse excactly :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

tyeness said

Still something to fiddle with while you should be concentrating on driving, plus the fact that a lot of people blindly do what it says, despite obviously being wrong:

thats one that really boils my blood!! had loads of near misses beacuase of people blindly doing what there sat nav tells them on the aproach to roundabouts, do appreciate my opinions on their driving? no!!

Back to the top

markar said

tyeness said

thats one that really boils my p**s!! had loads of near misses beacuase of people blindly doing what there sat nav tells them on the aproach to roundabouts, do appreciate my opinions on their driving? no!!

the satnav i use tells me to turn right at one junction, this would be me turning into the south bound traffic on the a11.

you don't ave to be an IAM member to see you should probably ignore that one.

best one i saw was last year in the floods a man drove 1/4 mile down a river in his taxi only stopped cos the water was too deep to drive in

Back to the top
the problem with satnavs is this behaviour is embedded in the learner driver, right up until they take their test. All through driving lessons with a professional instructor, you'll be told "take the 3rd exit on the next roundabout", "Take the next left", "take the 3rd right" etc. Then when you do your test, the examiner will say exactly the same!!!!!

Why don't they make the driving test more realistic, for example "I feel like shopping today, take me to a supermarket which sells them nice stonebake pizzas", "take me to my mother-in-laws, but I don't want to go on that fast dual-carraigeway" or something like that.

Back to the top
I've used my girlfriend's on numerous occasions, and I suppose they are quite convenient, but to be honest I feel much safer with a map, and obviously much more proud of myself.

Plus I flippin hate how they beep at you when you go over the speed limit  8O

Back to the top
nice idea paul, but it will be hard to gett started. if he said "take me to your mother-in-laws, but I don't want to go on that fast dual-carraigeway"

that would have been easy, one road all the way. mind you he would have seen me do a turn in the road as i turned to get him back before the end of the exam. :lol:

Back to the top
sat nav's like so much hardware has to be used with a certain amount common sense.
can you see what the real problem with todays society is.
it's not the new tech thats the problem.

i use a map and a sat nav and check my route before i leave so the sat nav is more of a reminder. :wink:

Back to the top
reminder, YEAH thats what it is.
just reminds you before you go past your turn.

anyway, if you use your satnav correctly, you don't touch it when the car is moving.

best thing is it tells you what lane to approach in.
it worth it just for that.

but the truth is it is a very very good tool if it is used right and with an ounce of common sence.
in foolish hands it's dangerous, same as cars, mobiles, lipstick, etc.

Back to the top
I saw a paramedic driving an ambulance rapid response car on her mobile today!!!!

To be honest, not defending my gender, BUT I normally see blokes driving rep mobiles or white vans whilst using their mobile!!

Get yourself a bluetooth headset you cheapskates, they cost ?15!!!!

What is ever important enough anyway that people have to use their mobile on the move and can't pull over to the side of the road!

Back to the top

elephant999 said

What is ever important enough anyway that people have to use their mobile on the move and can't pull over to the side of the road!

dunno, but this one may have a good excuse(but may not!)

elephant999 said

I saw a paramedic driving an ambulance rapid response car on her mobile today!!!!

Back to the top
What really gets my goat is those in cars ?30k+ on their mobile, surely the salesman would've thrown in a FF handsfree in if you spend that much and ask for one???

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

kavlfc said

What really gets my goat is those in cars ?30k+ on their mobile, surely the salesman would've thrown in a FF handsfree in if you spend that much and ask for one???

they use there mobile phones on purpose, it's so they don't look like there singing in there car as they drive down the road. :lol:

like the women you see all the time in there 106's bobbin' there head and singing at the top of there lungs.

Back to the top
I sing in the car all the time, I get some funny looks, especially when I'm halfway through the chorus in a particularly raucus rendition of 'Convoy' and everyone in the que of traffic has their windows down. :oops:

I do it on the bus by accident sometimes and everyone thinks I'm a complete loony.

I really need to stop. :oops:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
YRADAVE! what are you doing on a bus?

Back to the top
Driving it. :y:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
makes sence  now.

Back to the top
Another thing that makes me laugh, is drivers who are having a deep conversation with the front seat passenger (or even worse, the back) and have to turn to look at them all the time, instead of the road ahead! You can have a conversation without looking at someone's face every few seconds!  :lol:  It's like in the films, they're bombing along without looking at the road once for ten seconds at a time! I know in the film's case they're probably being towed or the background is super-imposed, but still! I've only seen a couple of films where the driver actually crashes because of it  :lol:

Back to the top
Films get on my nerves also for this.

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

Films get on my nerves also for this.

used to think the old films were funny when the driver steers left right left right.

then when i got my fastback it came clear that you have to do that to keep it going in a straight line
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.