Skip navigation

Women who text while driving, STOP!!!!!!!

Back to the top

Women who text while driving, STOP!!!!!!!

Dont know any men who do this, but if they do this includes you too. Had to write something so textaholics can take note.

I was behind a young woman today and her back window was covered in the "Keep your distance/Child on board signs". Fair enough, I thought, looking out for her childs safety.

However, as I was behind her for a while I noticed she kept swerving into the path of oncoming cars. Yes, she was busy texting away!! When we pulled up at the lights I was shakin my head and pointing at the signs in her back window and her kid in the back. She scowled at me as if to say, "so what, I wont crash!" and carried on.

A little later we were at a railway bridge that is a 3 junction, one at a time kind of system. It is also only possible to see about twenty feet in front of you whilst going through it, as there are high walls lining it and the road bends and dips. One part is also a straight bit though where you can drive straight through at about 30/40mph as some cars do.

Whilst blatantly still on red this woman went straight through them, obviously oblivious as she was texting. I flashed and beeped my horn but she just carried on. When the lights changed we went through the tunnel/bridge and although she hadn't crashed there was a 4x4 half on the kerb and half in the road (as if it had had to swerve drastically). I was cringing as she went through as this road is used by the local TNT and paper mill lorries (38 tonners) with about 30 flying through an hour (had an office overlooking it once). I'm not sure if she realises it but she and her kid are damn lucky to be alive, i've seen it happen at this junction before as there's just no way a laden lorry can stop in time.

Now I don't really mind people on their phone whilst driving, dont do it myself personally but know some who do, provided that it doesn't interfere with your driving. But texters seem a different kettle of fish, they always swerve towards cars. SO STOP IT YOU (insert expletive) BEFORE U KILL SOMEONE!!! You may think u can drive properly whilst doing it but you can't, your all crap drivers!

Rant over  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
You okay mate?

T :mrgreen:

Back to the top
its not just women.

Please don't call me fella- its deeply insulting to one whom is no such thing! ;)

Back to the top
Its not that complicated, but its a pain when you receive a text during a call - tricky to reply quickly then.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Its not that complicated, but its a pain when you receive a text during a call - tricky to reply quickly then.

Yeah, totally!  Especially when you've got a fag in your mouth and an open can of Red Bull in the other hand!

Thank god for handsfree/blue tooth!

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

paul_c said

Yeah, totally!  Especially when you've got a fag in your mouth and an open can of Red Bull in the other hand!

Now that's dangerous and I'd never do that - people have died from smoking!

Back to the top

paul_c said

Steve_Matthews said

paul_c said

Rubbish, I've never met anyone that's died from smoking.

T

Back to the top

Tian said

paul_c said

Steve_Matthews said

paul_c said

Rubbish, I've never met anyone that's died from smoking.

T

Historically, at least 9 people have died from spontaneous human combustion. They smoked.

Back to the top
That woman was crazy! I wonder if there was a few skid marks somewhere other than the road  :oops: .I don't even have my phone anywhere near me when driving, if it rings I ignore it and don't even look at texts until I've stopped properly.  :angel:  I just think if you're found to have caused an accident possibly while using a mobile the police can just look into it and find out that you were either on a call at that time, or a new text had been received and read, or written at the time. Then you're looking at a serious offence. If you kill someone (other than just yourself  :roll: ) while doing it then you're up poo creek without a paddle and have to live with it for the rest of your life! It's not worth it!

Back to the top
Not just women, bloke in a Q7 on the sly this morning covering his phone over his ear with his hand, pees me off.
But my little device sorts people on the phone not handsfree out :wink:

Back to the top
Device?  :twisted:

Back to the top
Now that sounds a bit interesting, care to divulge?

Back to the top
he flashes his arse at them so they crash im disgust. 8O

Back to the top

novocaine said

he flashes his arse at them so they crash im disgust. 8O

BAH! Hahaha! And there was me thinking he had a jammer  :roll:

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Whats your device? Are you the plod? Hope so!

Back to the top

Yomp said

Peddersgolf said

Vigilante? Dodgy blue light somewhere on the car?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Yomp said

Peddersgolf said

Vigilante? Dodgy blue light somewhere on the car?

Baseball bat?  Krooklock?  Ball Hammer? (Just thinking of what I've got in my Mk1 - lol)

Back to the top
plods dont know when youve written a text just when its sent! i got pulled for HOLDING MY SAT NAV! it had fallen off the windscreen WTF was i meant to do- let it fall under my feet n casue a crash if it went under pedals? "it was lit up like a mobile phone" but they let me on my way pretty sharpish once they realised!

Please don't call me fella- its deeply insulting to one whom is no such thing! ;)

Back to the top

Tian said

You okay mate?

T :mrgreen:

Yeah, got it off my chest now  :mrgreen:  The thing that got me was the gaggle of child on board/keep your distance signs on the window an she must've headed for well over a dozen cars while I was behind her!

Really did cringe though as the kid was about 2 year old an I used to see big HGV's flying through there all the time so they dont have to wait for the lights to come back round.

Back to the top
Maybe she was on to beat her best score on Snake?

Black Cabbie
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.