Skip navigation

Inter Region Karting

Back to the top

Inter Region Karting

Right people this sounds great!!! The level of enthusiasm al ready is enough to make me continue with the plans.

To answer a few questions already?

1.   I suggested Warrington due to its reputation for a LARGE scale track. It should suit a number of teams so that will in turn introduce a competitive edge for ?inter-region battles?
2.   The location is VERY accessible from a number of motorways and it should take about 3.5hrs from London or 2.5hrs from Berkshire. Either way it?s worth the trip to have a crack.
3.    Give me chance?. I only posted this up last night. I?m home alone on Thursday so if I get time I?ll start work on it then.

I don?t know how many we could have in a team. I?ve personally done racing against other drivers and racing against other teams where you have to swap karts every few laps. I repeat SWAP KARTS!!!! It?s amazing how many folk don?t remember once they get going!!!!

Anyway, start thinking of your teams. I know already that some days aren?t going to suit everybody so it will have to be a majority verdict and I may even have to take days leave to join in!!!!

I?ll be back in touch with details?.. and the weighing scales!!!!

Dan

Back to the top
maybe hold it on a sunday, summertime , maybe  part of a camping weekend ,??

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
im 10.5 stone so watch out fatties  :lol:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
camping is do able if you don't mind driving a few miles to find a good campsite.

there is a travel inn round the corner and a village hotel for those with money who want to stay over.

from memory this place runs 4 to a team max of 15-20 karts on the track at one time with a pit lane for change overs.
also i think they run single and twin engine karts meaning 250 and 500cc karts are doable.

on the 500's weight doesn't make much difference as they are more than powerful enough to pull the big guys along and the traction in corners starts to become an advantage.

so i'll bring the weights. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
derbyshire can provide safety glasses...............

Back to the top
for the pub or the track 8O

Back to the top
:mrgreen:  No,… to stop you getting our dirt in your eyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top
The Royal Umpire at Croston is a nice place to camp for the weekend.

Its about 30-40 minutes away from the track - assuming that you don't 'yank' the Mk1's steering like its a kart after the event and end up in the hedge at the roadside!!!

Back to the top
Lets go full whack.

Lets have three rounds with a reverse grid second race and competion weight for the top cars.

:y:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
O, and I call shotgun on a twin engine kart. :wink:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

yradave said

you will hit a kerb and bend another wheel :lol:  :lol:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

novocaine said

wow win a wife. thats an interesting prize.
 :mrgreen:
that will be the booby prize!

Back to the top

A5OPY said

yradave said

you will hit a kerb and bend another wheel :lol:  :lol:

best not let pedders have a twin engine either than hay. :wink:

Back to the top
Now now greasy :lol:
A feew pounds heavier now so will come in handy on corners :roll:
What day you holding this on Dano, How much is it etc would love to come to this.
First and last time i did this i went to trafford one, we were told no skidding bumping into each other etc, that went straight out of window, was an excellent day
Bert your welcome to stay over fella
Pete :wink:

Back to the top

yradave said

novocaine said

theres a pub round the corner that does good food too for an after race nosh.

SOLD!!! Let's go to Stockport. :y:   :mrgreen:  :y:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
I'm in  :y: Providing work and new arrival don't get in the way. Dano, new sprog's due late May, I assume we're planning to hold it way before then?
Cheers
Chris

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
I dont mind when this happens, but if you are doing camping then it's safe to say it wouldn't be in March or early April bbbbbbrrrrrrr!!! you could  tie it in with All Types……club camping,  but that's months away.

Back to the top
Don't know when it'll be but its safe to say that it WON'T be a good date for everyone!!!!

Let me contact the operators tomorrow and I'll see what kind of notice they need, cost opening times and how many can start in 1 race.

I'll let you know details later. Email sent to company.

Dan

Back to the top
Well if it's not a good date for me I'll go and sulk for ever. :wink:

PS. Andy, I won't be able to bend a wheel, karts don't have hand brakes. :roll:

PPS. John, even though I had to go back and read my OP Stockport jokes are a bit, you know, last year. :roll:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
sooooooooooooo,

am i right in thinking that each region will have there own teams and will copete agains't eachother.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.