Skip navigation

My 1982 mk1 Golf GTI project

Back to the top

My 1982 mk1 Golf GTI project

with the risk of sounding dumb, how did you get your alternator to look that good

Joe

Black 1992 gti cabrio sportline

Back to the top
your dumb!! naa just messing. polishing wheel, autosol and about 3 hours of polishing oh and a lil bit of black hammerite for good measure!

Had a good ol cleaning session today, spent about 3 hours cleaning the inside of the car, I reckon it's the cleanest it's ever been now lol.
Also got it running sweet with help to my trusty timing light, running it at 6 or 7 degrees btdc, idles nice, smooth power delivery, really nice to drive now. also flushed the coolant again as I hadn't put any antifreeze in due to the new water pump, coolant is nice and clear now and no leaks!!  :D  checked the oil level, right on the money and nice and clean still.
Just gotta investigate the wheel bearing type noise on the o/s/f wheel, I've got a bearing ready to go in just gotta strip it all apart and get the new one pressed in.

Back to the top
really nice 1 mate,got my idea of redoing my grill after seeing ur results.
looks well on the ats

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
lol just need to copy you for the head lining now  :lol:

Back to the top
Looks great hows your ride with the classics, thinking of getting a wide set for myself?

Back to the top
the ride isn't too bad, just don't go near any bumps or pot holes  :lol:

Back to the top
Plenty of bumps around here.    :banghead:

Back to the top
well i said you were inspiring, the front half of my engine bay is now in pieces all over my garage floor, might be selling as spares if i carry on cos i dont know if ill get her back together again :roll:

Joe

Black 1992 gti cabrio sportline

Back to the top
looks nice lowered,well impressed. gave me a few ideas bout mine now have get the maunal out and ask the misses if i can have a mess, like ya playing out toy too!!!!

Back to the top
got the wheel bearing sorted, I'm surprised quite how quiet the drive is now, you can really understand where people get the idea of german build quality from, my 1982 golf is quieter and more comfy to drive than my dads 2004 corsa  :lol: and the only thing it has over mine is electric windows  :lol:

Joe glad to hear it mate, get stuck in there, if you wanna know where anything goes give us a shout and I'll take some detailed pics for ya!!  :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.