Back to the top

benj said

what for all the seals? how much please

ben

Please e-mail me at crazyquiff golfmk1 .co.uk

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

wings - let me fly

1983 tintop, 3dr -1300

front wings and rear quarters although i'll probably repair these with what i've got.

front wings are main thing.

my vote is for all body panel in the long run, gotta be worth us having spares out there

will watch this with interest, be nice if it pulls off. if it means signing a pre order or something to get it going i'm there.

Back to the top
VW already do ALOT of stuff its more the obscure stuff that gets discontinued and becomes obselete but i guess there is a reason it stops, because they are not selling enough to make it worth their while or IMO that the stuff they where selling was just overpriced. A good example is a cabrio roof handle, ?150 from VW get off ebay for ?20ish.
So if parts did get made would they be just generally overpriced or at a competative rate? (i guess you pay for the qulaity)
Personally Im not going to spend 4 times the money on 'new' item from VW main dealer IE a panel just so i can get 12months waranty.
JPO
Chris

:?

Back to the top
Hence the reason I am collecting volumes. Some people want VW parts, some don't.

Your ?20 cabrio handle comes with no guarantee and might already be suffering from metal fatigue with a few uses left who knows? The roof handle I bought from VW cost ?86.73 not ?150.

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Hence the reason I am collecting volumes. Some people want VW parts, some don't.

I do want VW parts but i dont want to pay VW price, still a roof handle at ?80 in 12 months I doubt I wouldn't get through 4 handles at ?20.

8O Still i do buy many OE new VDub parts from VW as it is.

A-pillar trims on cabrios would be a brilliant new item!  :P

Back to the top
this could go and on as people will mainly ask for what they need

I'm sure Rich has a good idea of parts that are needed..

if VW do produce, surely they are going to either want lots of orders and deposits up front or look for someone to order the stock and bulk buy :dontknow:  :dontknow: or are they justgoing to listen and then stock items???

i feel good parts will be interior trim, (door handles etc inbrown n black, speaker pods….)

door cards n carpets, covered already

Big one would be GTI arch spats I guess, GTI front spoilers to original spec and GL small spoliers

Genuine original quality seat bolsters for GTi's

Back to the top
full set of window seals for 2 door gti front would be nice, as would door cards.

1983 mars red 1800GTi on ATS cups:)
G60'd, schrick cam, chipped, 70mm pulley, pace charge cooler, rolling road 182bhp 250Nm of torque, 14.50 quarter mile.

Back to the top
wings for definite!ideally drivers side as you cant get them anymore

Back to the top

ChrisRivage said

Personally Im not going to spend 4 times the money on 'new' item from VW main dealer IE a panel just so i can get 12months waranty.

No, but I'd pay for quarter panels or wings, because the aftermarket ones are either unavailable (quarters) or don't fit (wings)

It's got nothing to do with warrantys, it's about keeping our cars on the road (or lock up eh Gaz?) rather than giving up on a project 'cos you can't get good enough repair panels.

Back to the top
I would like to see the items for 5 door Golfs, seals, trims, carpets, etc, that are not readily available from the normal third party suppliers for 3 door cars.

Back to the top

Buzzin said

ChrisRivage said

No, but I'd pay for quarter panels or wings, because the aftermarket ones are either unavailable (quarters) or don't fit (wings)

It's got nothing to do with warrantys, it's about keeping our cars on the road (or lock up eh Gaz?) rather than giving up on a project 'cos you can't get good enough repair panels.

too right mate. i couldn't give much hoot about a warrnaty cos they are generally worth nothing anyway but it's just knowing you've got proper OEM quality in the first place - especially for panels, i think most people on here would agree it's the one VW mk1 golf part that no one can find a better replacement for in the aftermarket.

so panels get my vote, across the board on this one. any new OEM interior trim parts, door seals, switches etc would be great but they aren't the end of the world.  

c'mon VW - bring back mk1 front wings and keep some old metal on the road. Quiff, i trust you can take care of the general state of play here and we can come to you if it pulls off?

Back to the top
Quiff, i trust you can take care of the general state of play here and we can come to you if it pulls off?

Can do if needed  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

gingergaz said

Quiff, i trust you can take care of the general state of play here and we can come to you if it pulls off?

No, parts will be sourced via the VW dealer network.

Banner

Back to the top
ah, i see. ok, guess that works out for people. are we thinking that when this comes to fruition it'll be a limited amount? or for a limited period? i guess it's early days but i'm watching with interest.
out of curiosity (if anyone can remember) what did VW dealers charge for front wings when they had them last?

Back to the top
Bring back pirelli "P"centre caps, black carpet sets, HV keys, side stripes and rear hatch decals. " A" pillar trims...GTI and Cabrio tyes, front window scraper seals, front wind deflector wiper arm, sunroof deflector and arms, Wishbone mounts with ARB, rear crome hatch trim, all series 1 switches, series one lower dash felts and shelf in black. black headlinings and sunroof linings. 3 door top wind seals, door card top trims 3 and 5 door fronts.

***PM for all your powder coating needs***

Back to the top
i havent read this whole thing and i may have misunderstood but i cannot see vw remaking mk1 parts which will only sell in tiny numbers.

Back to the top
Is all this going to happen or is it just talk?

Back to the top
It is in the world-wide info collection process. Then VW Germany will decide what to do on a case by case basis.

Banner

Back to the top
Rajan, for me it would be the ever faithful BROWN interior stuff.

In particular I need the plastic door tops urgentlycause they've split again.

Well done for getting this stuff collated.

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.