Back to the top

VW parts re-manufacture for Mk1 Golf

i'm sure a run on electric window setups seem to be in short supply,

Back to the top
I can do electric window kits :)  OEM spec too

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
Realistically I beleive it's going to need to be parts that will sell well and be in VW's control.  I think this pretty much rules out everything but body panels - be interesting to see though.

On body panels the real shortages/high demand are, in my view:

S1 rear panels, S2 Wings, S2 3 dr Doors, S2 Bonnets, rear 1/4s, sills (pattern are not good)

Pattern front panels are very good imo, rear panels, roofs, etc are still avaialble.

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Cheers

Rich

How much for one of the kits?  Drop me a message.

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

crazyquiff said

Cheers

Rich

How much for one of the kits?  Drop me a message.

Done :)

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Cheers

Rich

How long have you had stock out of interest?

Cheers

Back to the top

trickyharris said

crazyquiff said

Cheers

Rich

How long have you had stock out of interest?

Cheers

Just recently started doing these - why?

Back to the top
Please keep this thread to parts that you would be interested in buying.

Remember I am talking about original VW parts, not copied/repro/aftermarket or even stuff sourced from S Africa so it will come with a VW warranty and guaranteed fitment (identical to the part originally on your car). It won't be a generic part like a front panel that may fit but won't necessarily be the correct original panel.

I can only make use of data where I can specify a part number. So generic statements like "body panels" or "clips" is not of use - I need to know which panels for exactly what car (hatch/cabrio, year, no. of doors, etc). Don't forget to say how many of each part you would be interested in!

Banner

Back to the top
I had a nightmare with mine, inc ordering a motor from VW in Germany (which still have BNIB if anyone interested??) which then didnt fit with the aftermarket which was in the car (my fault for assuming genuine mech still in there).
Finally ordered from www.electricwindowsdirect.co.uk  and have been meaning to drop the idea of you suppying them, seemed better quality than alot?

Back to the top
need window seals as mine are split and looking to restore the cabriolet so alot of parts will be needed.

Back to the top
Tricky - Thanks for that.

Any parts enquiries probably best to email me at crazyquiff golfmk1 .co.uk to keep this thread on track  :wink:

Rajan, Is it worth us having a chat on this?  As I probably have a good idea of what peeps are after.

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top
Rajan this is a great idea and you've obviously put time in.  All I can say is I'd be purchasing relevant to price.  

Car Details

Model:-     Campaign gti
Series:-     2
Year:-       1983
Engine Size:- 1.8 8v
Doors:-      3

Parts of Interest

Door seals (all door seals) x2 lots for each side (spares)
Passenger door x1 due to cost
Drivers side door x1 due to cost (there will probably be a big take up on these)
All window seals x2 for spares (front screen, rear hatch, rear quarters, both doors)
Campaign engine numbered 1.8 8v engine or if not then a new OEM engine x1 due to cost
Sunroof Surround x2 (for spares purposes
Front drivers side wing x2 (for spares)
Passenger wing x2 (for spares)
Drivers side rear quarter panel x1
Passenger side rear quarter panel x1
Pirelli 8 spoke wheels with centre caps (if they actually own the rights) x5
All wiring looms (I think this will be a big buy for most people) x1 of each - I think there is engine, dash, rear?
Dashboard x1

I'm sorry I can not provide part numbers but I'd be seriously interested in all of that and would buy most of it overtime if the cost was relatively high.

I know you're trying mate so if I've not got what you said or you need more info then let me know.  Where do you stand with VW Germany at present mate?

I also agree with Sean1151… I'd either purchase retrim cloth if it was available for the whole car or the grey and black stripe gti driver and passenger seats if they are only willing to produce the seats again as a whole unit.

Again, thanks for looking into this for the whole of the club mate…. it's exciting stuff  :clap:  :y:

Back to the top
Gti arch trims,
All body panels especially outer sills.

Back to the top
Car:

Golf Gl
1093cc
2 Door

Parts:

Door window seals, that accept chrome trim.
Chrome trims for aforementioned seals.

I'm afraid that I dont know the part numbers.
As far as I know, these are not available anywhere.
I myslef would be interested in a pair (1 cars worth), but I know people always go on about not being able to find these, so I'm sure they would sell.

Back to the top
Car 1976 Golf LS

Wings both driver and passenger

Doors passenger and driver

Dash including undertrays

Back to the top
Front wing (S2) passenger side.

5 door outer sill.

Rear panel lower corner repair both sides.

Rear arch repair panels, inner and outer both sides.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

Car
1982 GTI
2 door
front wishbone mount 171 411 331. x2 (obsolete from dealers recently)
front wishbone anti roll bar mount 171 411 337. x2 (ob from dealers recently)
door pocket with chrome trim (drivers )171 867 134a
door pocket with chrome trim (passengers) 171 867 133a

seat runner guide 171 881 087a (left) 171 881 088a (right)
fuel pump holder
all anti roll bar mounts front and rear are now obsolete from the dealers
maybe if enough people are interested these could be re-made?

Back to the top

JoeB said

Car:

Golf Gl
1093cc
2 Door

Parts:

Door window seals, that accept chrome trim.
Chrome trims for aforementioned seals.

I'm afraid that I dont know the part numbers.
As far as I know, these are not available anywhere.
I myslef would be interested in a pair (1 cars worth), but I know people always go on about not being able to find these, so I'm sure they would sell.
The door chrome trim seals are still available from the dealers i have the part nos for them somewhere.pm me and i'll sort them out for you.

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Rajan this is a great idea and you've obviously put time in.  All I can say is I'd be purchasing relevant to price.  

Car Details

Model:-     Campaign gti
Series:-     2
Year:-       1983
Engine Size:- 1.8 8v
Doors:-      3

Parts of Interest

Door seals (all door seals) x2 lots for each side (spares)
Passenger door x1 due to cost
Drivers side door x1 due to cost (there will probably be a big take up on these)
All window seals x2 for spares (front screen, rear hatch, rear quarters, both doors)
Campaign engine numbered 1.8 8v engine or if not then a new OEM engine x1 due to cost
Sunroof Surround x2 (for spares purposes
Front drivers side wing x2 (for spares)
Passenger wing x2 (for spares)
Drivers side rear quarter panel x1
Passenger side rear quarter panel x1
Pirelli 8 spoke wheels with centre caps (if they actually own the rights) x5
All wiring looms (I think this will be a big buy for most people) x1 of each - I think there is engine, dash, rear?
Dashboard x1

I'm sorry I can not provide part numbers but I'd be seriously interested in all of that and would buy most of it overtime if the cost was relatively high.

I know you're trying mate so if I've not got what you said or you need more info then let me know.  Where do you stand with VW Germany at present mate?

I also agree with Sean1151… I'd either purchase retrim cloth if it was available for the whole car or the grey and black stripe gti driver and passenger seats if they are only willing to produce the seats again as a whole unit.

Again, thanks for looking into this for the whole of the club mate…. it's exciting stuff  :clap:  :y:
These guys do the door seals.NEW vag items.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-MK1-Jetta-2-Door-Seal-Set-window-New-Original_W0QQitemZ290284565777QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9889QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Back to the top

Re: .

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.