Skip navigation

sportline

Back to the top

sportline

Hi,can any one out there help me?What was the differance between the sportline cab and a normal gti cab with a clipper kit.I already know about the interior and power roof but is there anything else.Please help as i am going to look at a couple of cabs tomorrow and ones a sportline.
Cheers Andy :?

Back to the top

Back to the top
I'd like a Sportline but budget says Clipper  :roll:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

sportline

suppose i will be lucky if it turns out as good as it looks in photos.but seller says the sportline came with a differant suspension set up to other gti cabs is this correct.
Thanks

Back to the top

Re: sportline

andy-b said

suppose i will be lucky if it turns out as good as it looks in photos.but seller says the sportline came with a differant suspension set up to other gti cabs is this correct.
Thanks

Don't think so. They came with 15" BBS wheels, I think, in addition to the interior trim differences.

Back to the top

sportline

Thanks paul,but does anyone else know that there is not a difference in the suspension as i dont want to look foolish if i have to correct him.

Back to the top
Definatle NO difference in suspension looks and handling thats a fact.
To define a 'sportline' you want bbs alloys with tyres should be 185-55 tyres, should have a fully functional MFA, sportline stickers.
Interior should be recaro. Red wing mirrors ,interior red needles on speedo ect (probably one of the hardest things to copy successfully) tinted green glass black power hood, Mohair casett player as standard probably wont lol
HTH

What year is the sportline as well?? thats a massive give away

Back to the top

sportline

Thanks for the help, this ones black 93 K reg

Back to the top
Ok perfect do you want me to scan in the standard equipment from my brochure?? So you can compare?

Back to the top

sportline

Thanks chris,but wont be needed just yet as the car was not as discribed and he will not bring price down to allow for the amount that would need spending to bring it up to a show standard.Time to start looking again,why cant people just be honest when discribing there cars   :banghead:

Back to the top
Just seen this post and I guess the car in questions is the one I am selling…

Just to set the record straight I never mentioned at any point the car had different suspension. If you read the adds all I said was that up some point I think the suspension had been replaced and by that I meant with original equipment, just ask!!

If you have problems with the description let me know but as far as I am concerned it's as described and in the pictures, apart from a couple of window chips - be real it's 16 years old and has done 129000 and is completely original.

If your looking to buy a mint example of the Sportline don't expect to pay ?2000 which in my book for this car is a good deal and certainly don't start having a go when I don't accept ?1200!

Sorry I just seem to be having a whinge today but it really annoyed me when I saw this post.

If you are expecting to get a car up to show standard you'll have to pay regardless of the starting car, and if you want to spend that sort of money look elsewhere. Just because you'll have to spend money to get it up to factory show standard don't expect me to take that off what is already a good price…

Back to the top
?2000 is a fair price for an average condition sportline. As i'm in posession of a minter with low miles i wouldn't let it go for less than ?4000.

Back to the top
Thanks for the back up! I also have a lovely low milage red one with loads of history and I paid nearly 4K and wouldn't let it go for less,actually I wouldn't let it go. The black one is in some ways a better car so I'd say 2k is a fair.

I guess everyone is trying it on at the moment with the economy the way it is.

Back to the top
Its a buyers market.

Back to the top
It certainly is paul.But all the same,In my personal situation i would not let my sportline go for less than ?4000.If i was in the market for another car i would chance my arm with a offer below the asking price.

Back to the top
Sellers don't command like they use to now.  Close offers should be accepted in my opinion and if not no harm done.

Back to the top
I didnt mean to offend anyone i was just offering advice!  :D  sorry.
I dont think id ever sell my car aswell it holds a very sentimental value as well as 'value'  :D

Back to the top
None taken, I was just upset that the potential buyer was accusing me of being dishonest. The car is exactly as described as I don't want to mess with anyone or try and sell under false pretences.

I was always upfront when he called sending loads of pictures, even to the point when they came to view they all agreed that the car was in great condition for it?s age!

To then start having ago and offering ?1200. Obviously didn't know what he was looking at.

Back to the top
TBH a lot of this is caused by there being no price guide. So people pluck a figure out of the air, for prices, and then a lot of people get emotive. Us being eternal optimists, buyers tend to go low and sellers go high, with their guess. If you look around at roughly equivalent cars (albeit not Mk1 Golfs) the haze becomes clearer.

Back to the top

paul_c said

TBH a lot of this is caused by there being no price guide. So people pluck a figure out of the air, for prices, and then a lot of people get emotive. Us being eternal optimists, buyers tend to go low and sellers go high, with their guess. If you look around at roughly equivalent cars (albeit not Mk1 Golfs) the haze becomes clearer.

TBH the price guide rarely comes into play as people still value there cars as they see fit( the v-reg series one 1.6 currently for sale at 6k),it seems to be a vw thing to always want a bargain :dontknow:
Other popualr classics hold there money far better, you only have to look at mini`s to see they fetch better money overall.
To comment on the sportline prices and having just sold one and looked at many i would say i`ve seen sheds for 1500 and mint examples up for 6k plus.
2.5k - 3k should get you a good example but i`d say that about mk1 gti`s as well… :dontknow:  only my humble opinion
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.