Skip navigation

low 5dr GL 1.8 carb - NEW PICS - 23.09.09 - I IS Two-Tone

Back to the top

low 5dr GL 1.8 carb - NEW PICS - 23.09.09 - I IS Two-Tone

errr...

Back to the top
i can't see how to delete these posts that i duped???

Back to the top
ooops!

Back to the top
ooops!
i guess the a-pillar is structural then?
never really thought about that.

thanks for the heads up. lets hope my mechanic is feeling generous and will weld it me up for nowt.
being without a job is great til you need to spend some money!

thanks again guys.

ash x

Back to the top

smillsey said

i was going to say the same ross.

as you are not a welder,

sure HYPOTHETICALLY …..

if some such as yourself
cuts out old metal
Preps for welding
Cuts a patch to fit snuggly in the hole
then so happens to find out if a club member is welding one Hypothetical saturday afternoon near you.
Drives down, and lets then spend 20 mins welding it up for you…..

Isnt that is what a club is about? Helping each other…..

where do you live. ont sa leicester or i'll have to do it  :wink:

its sounds like smiley is offering to do it for you there pal

Back to the top
i deceided to give my front bumper a new lease of life with some black spray paint yesterday, which gave way to a quick refurb of my number plate hanger.
i don't think i've ever took my front bumper off before…

always liked the look though. ;)

then i noticed abit of inner sill trim needed re-attaching, that led to this!?!

may aswell do it all

again, always wanted to take the carpets out, just for a look at my floorpan, and it looks pretty good.
my sound proofing was, well, soggy to say the least (still gotta find that leak!) so thats outside attempting to dry atm.
the carpets are gonna get a good scrub down this afternoon cos they're all dirty.
then a few little rust spots that need some tlc on the inner sill and seat guides.

keeps me out of trouble though. :D

ash x

Back to the top

weber hell

so, i finally got around to fitting this weber carb i keep going on about…
though as i feared, the conversion from auto choke to the manual weber left me wondering…

first job, remove the old carb and clean the inlet manifold.

here's my old carb with all the water hoses and vacuum pipes?!? far too many for my liking…

and here's the weber fitted be me not knowing what to do with the vac and water hoses???

lets play spot the difference with that last photo, well not spot the difference, more like what have i done wrong?

i've got four separate electrical connections that were connected to the old carb, btu seem to have no use on the weber? i'm guessing there all to with the auto choke?

i removed a t-piece from the vac hose, where it went to the carb, and connected it up to the ball thingy. and routed the water hose into the side of the manifold?

is this right?

she's not running right at the mo, but then she wasn't last night either, which is why i decided to fit the weber, cos i was gonna remove and clean the pierburg, but thought why not.

i'm jst waiting for all the carb cleaner i used on the manifold to evaporate, before i try firing her up again…

if you think i've done something bad, let me know. :)

thanks

ash x

Back to the top
you need to fit the carby heater from the 2e2 onto the webber, remove & bin the green ball and blank off the vac nipple on the servo pipe, and all the other electrical connections are redundant :)

http://vwtech.no-ip.info/downloads/webber.pdf

edit: also i might be interested in your old 2e2, got my eye on a mk2 driver with a webber and if I bought it I'd like to swap back to a 2e2  8)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
All this because you nearly didn't make it home last night!

Good work, shame it then started raining  :D

Al

'81 1.6 GTI & '91 16V

Back to the top

Back to the top

rubjonny said

you need to fit the carby heater from the 2e2 onto the webber, remove & bin the green ball and blank off the vac nipple on the servo pipe, and all the other electrical connections are redundant :)

http://vwtech.no-ip.info/downloads/webber.pdf

edit: also i might be interested in your old 2e2, got my eye on a mk2 driver with a webber and if I bought it I'd like to swap back to a 2e2  8)

hey jonny, thanks for the link.
so long as my weber runs ok, my old 2e2 will be spare so we can work something out if you want it. :)

not sure what or where the carb heater is on my 2e2?

thanks.

ash x

Back to the top

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
thanks jonny. i found it after reading the fitting manual  :banghead: should've done that first really. :)

ash x

Back to the top
since i had those new panels on the rear i've been hoping that i would find a big bag of money so that the dream of a full re-spray would become a reality…

no such luck. so after a few comments here and there and a devil may care attitude, here's what i got up to yesterday. :)

the front bumper is back on for now, 'til i can source some replacement indicators, but i reckon its coming back off soon. :)

ash x

Back to the top
Looks much tidier ash, great work.

Alex.

Back to the top

Back to the top
gimme a few weeks tog et mine done ash and i may have some indicators for you.

infact i may have some in the shed.
they look like this.

Back to the top
cheers foxy and alex, and dave. :)

funny, cos i just called a mate of mine who's in the truck breaking buisness, so i might have some HGV one's coming, not sure what they're like though?

i like those of yours. ;)

also, i cut a plate out of my old sunroof for that A pillar job ;) thoguh i might look into getting a repair section for that corner of the windscreen instead…

thanks again mate.

ash x

Back to the top
looks good two-tone, was a good day for tinkering yesterday, r you up for another meet soon ?

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Nice wheels.
I have a similar looking car.
Greetings from Estonia.

There are too many online users to list.