Back to the top
cheers roadboss. i like your rabbit. ;)

ash

Back to the top
Thanks!

Back to the top
5 door power !!!!!!!

Back to the top
you know that saying, 'look before you leap', yeah well, i'm more of a leaper…

after having my new rear valance welded on, i thought i'd better tidy up the rust behind the number plate.
wish i'd checked this out before as i could have done with a whole rear panel!

behind the plate wasn't too bad i guess,
it was where the rear panel joins the boot lock area and the number plate light cut outs, holy!!!

the plan is too fibreglass the holes around this little block so i keep the cut out for the number plate light.

after some fun with the grinder

as the rear lights were out i figured its a good time to repaint the black strip across the middle

i'm gonna finish off the filling this afternoon, when i get my lights working properly.

ash  :)

Back to the top
Looks good Ash, can't wait to see it in the flesh at VWNW! nice job with the lights did the same with mine.

Tom :wink:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
loving the look of this mate, good work.  You've inspired me to do a few mods of my own, I'm definitely going to get the front bumper with the washers now, one question, is there an internal switch for these or does it run off the stalks?  If it's a switch would you mind posting a pic of what it looks like if you get a chance?  

I neeed to get mine lowered too!

Cheers. :D

Back to the top
cheers guys. :)

jetpac - you have a pm.

i'm getting there, slowly. lovin this sunshine though.
some filler work on the rear panel

abit more fibreglass around my template block for the number plate lights

block removed

after some grinder/dremel work

some fine filling needed, but its definately taking shape.

as my mk1 is my daily i wanted to get some paint on. so its just black for now.

just need some new screws for my new number plate lights and i'll be night time road legal again. :)

Back to the top

jetpacjimmy said

loving the look of this mate, good work.  You've inspired me to do a few mods of my own, I'm definitely going to get the front bumper with the washers now, one question, is there an internal switch for these or does it run off the stalks?  If it's a switch would you mind posting a pic of what it looks like if you get a chance?  

I neeed to get mine lowered too!

Cheers. :D

sorry to hijack ash..

our GL has th eheadligth washers and the still work.. they only work when te headlights are turned on andthen you use your screenwash..

have a spare bumper with a set still fitte dif you want them for the look drop me a pm..

As to wiring - no idea how to do it!!

ASH

sorry mate, couldt resisit!!

Gutte don finding the holes mate, shame you didnt see em before the welding.. wouldnt be suprised if thats where the water was getting in.. Nice work mate..

Keep up the good stuff mate..

Back to the top

Lawsy said

sorry to hijack ash..

our GL has th eheadligth washers and the still work.. they only work when te headlights are turned on andthen you use your screenwash..

have a spare bumper with a set still fitte dif you want them for the look drop me a pm..

As to wiring - no idea how to do it!!

Bugger!  Just bought some off the bay, bit of an impulse purchase, but they weren't that pricey and in good nick. Will no doubt be looking for some more advice in the future when I get these on, although I'm not sure I need them to work!  Thanks for the PM Ash and the advice Lawsy. Cheers, James

Back to the top
a little up date on my daily w.i.p.

my ff sunroof has had some rust spots for ages that have become worryingly bigger. the seal looked tired too.
so i was gonna get a new seal (about ?40) and grind, fill and paint the sunroof.

Until… i read on here that mk2 sunroofs are the same.
sweet, a ?5 ebay purchase saw me more than happy and a local pickup too.

so on with the refit.

my tatty 27 year old sunroof

first job, unscrew the wind deflector. one screw either side and two on each of the two hinges at the front

pop off the head lining from the front and slide it back into the roof

unscrew the front guides, and remove

and the rear guides

prising out the leaf spring at the rear

slide out the locking tab

up, up and away!!!

doesn't look too bad from the top

…but underneath!!!

new for old

look how mint the seal is

the head lining was hanging on, so i got me fingers all messed up with some super glue.

a job worth doing tho. :)

new sunroof slotted in. rear leaf spring in place

locking tab  slotted back in

screws back in front and rear guides, not fully tigt yet as adjustments will need to be made.

adjusting screw for the sit height at the front.

it sat abit low, so a little adjustment, tighten everything up and…

lovely. :D

i even like its shiney blackness.

i must add that i did follow the haynes book of lies and removed the winder handle and cable mech at the front, but i'm not sure why i did this!?!

so thats it.

i promise my mk1 is staying its original metallic regatta blue, even though its slowly turning black…

ash x

Back to the top
looks great tbh mate. was it leaking before the swap.?

gonna keep it black or poss change to blue.?

Back to the top
cheers mate.

it didn't leak before, i just wanted to cure the rust, and figured a new seal would be in order when i did this.

well, there was one time when i pulled in at a car wash fund raiser at chesterfield fire station. they let loose the water cannon straight down onto the roof whilst i was sat inside. after the initial shock i must have drunk a pint or two as the water rushed in. ha ha

it'll go back to blue eventually. i'm toying with the idea of buying a spray gun for my compressor and learning how to mix and spray paint, other wise i'll end up spending a small fortune on rattle cans…

ash

:)

Back to the top
lol i can vouch for the fortune on cans.. it would be a good investment mate.. i never went down that road because of the price of a compressor.. but if you have one its well worth it i guess..

Back to the top
dope_as
are you the bloke i saw in sheff centre not long ago near st marys gate?

also im a body repairer painter, so if you want anything painting
come to me and ill sort you cheap price if you get me the paint :D

Back to the top
eh up jack.
yeah thats me.

thanks mate, thats good to know. i'll have to get to a lowdown meet or summat for a chat. i keep meaning to come down to one of the retro rides meets too, but not made it yet.  :dontknow:

easy now

ash

Back to the top
thought it was
didnt know you were on lowdown :s HAHAH
yer get to a meet
theres always out on either sooner or later

Back to the top
ahhhh what joy, finally got my ats classics back on.

i'm maybe gonna lower it abit more ;) , just wanna let the coilies settle back in abit and check for rubbing etc

ash

Back to the top
nice piks mate.

Back to the top
Looks awesome ash, really liking that colour in the sun :D

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.