Skip navigation

why is this mk2 so expensive?

Back to the top

why is this mk2 so expensive?

Look at you all.

Pfff.

Your not going to buy it if you dont like it so dont go on about how crap this car is, imagine if it was your own.

Owned it from new/ish.

Spent loads of money on it in the time etc

money on wheels etc to keep evrything in good working condition.

And people like you go and put it down.

Im not to cean myself looks wise but i still respect the fact its a mk2 thats still alive and due to it having history behind it, shouldnt we praise the bloke for keeping it in this condition.

Even for not changin the zender kit.

7ks steep but look at what others sell, that cabby for 10k on ebay.

even the rat rod g40 (member on here)

Not how many would do their mk1's but still give him respect as its still a mk1 thats not in the scrappers.

Alot of you also have non oem mods so its not like you care about staying genuin.

Enthusiasts….

Back to the top
Yeah I agree its definitely more than ?750 and also definitely commands a premium over a home converted 2l 16V Mk2. But I'm not sure what its actual value is. How much would I pay to buy the car? Can't really sensibly answer that one….

Back to the top
For the fact you dont want to buy it, so your obviously not going to price it for what somone else would

Back to the top
found out they are supported by vag

There is a feature in this months VW Driver on Jetta GTs and GTI's, aswell as a section on the GT Engineering… interested to read that they were only made in the UK by VAG UK. Nice bit of reading.

Back to the top
i'm not called old for nothing so here goes - back in the day GTi Engineering were the most sought after conversions, with a waiting list as long as your arm. The guys that owned it were ex works VAG boys who tuned and maintained Palmer Audi Quattro Team works cars - they were indeed the wizards of their day, so as dated as it looks with the Zender body kit this wasn't a half job conversion.

Definitely gets my vote - but not ?7500- tempted to make an offer though if it's still there in a couple of weeks.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.