Skip navigation

Do I have one of the 1st Mk1's ever built 1974-75??

Back to the top

Do I have one of the 1st Mk1's ever built 1974-75??

heres the proof matey

the car had a change of clocks at around 60,000-70,000 miles?,

not done many miles since i sold it then

Back to the top

Back to the top
WOW!! Well I never… You are totally correct mate I can't argue with that!  8O
Seems like my friend and I were told a-few Porkie-Pies then by the chap you sold it to!  I would like to speak to you and find out a bit more about her and the real history then, as the story we was told is that the car was originally owned by a Disabled Belgian chap who died and it was then sold at an Auction and shipped over here by the brother of the guy my friend bought it from??   :dontknow:

I remember when my friend first told me he saw the mk1 (years ago), he said it was like it was brand new out the box just like in your pix!!  Then basically the old girl sat in the new owners garden un-covered for a good while and deteriorated (as you can see she has only done 35miles since you sold it all those years ago!), before my friend managed to buy it off of him.  He then stored it in a garage for well over a year and has recently sold it to me for ?1'500 as I was bugging him for it as I dearly want to see her back how she should be, gleaming again!

Are the dates in those photos correct??  Also you say that the clocks were changed, are you adamant that is true?  As to me the car in that photo looks like its has only done 11k!

It really is a small world indeed!!  Hope to hear back from you.
 :)

Back to the top
Thought it was familar Gurv. Seems to not have been as well looked after since you had it.

Banner

Back to the top
The car was just left to rot in a front garden without a cover my friend said! I cant understand some people! A car like this needs to be cherished!  :banghead:  
However I wil get the old girl back to former glory dont you worry!  :D

Back to the top
Thanks Rajan, did love that car was a real adventure brining it home  

And yes mate the car has defno had a change of clocks, will get in touch with my mate and see if he can shed any more light , from what I can recall, its was originally a German car imported in Belgium then of course the UK. It came with some history do you have this mate?

Good luck with the resto started a new thread in the projects section, I look forward to seeing the progress and seeing the car again soon

Back to the top
Hi Dojo,
Are the dates shown on your photos 100% correct?  As when I showed them to my friend who bought the car (Assumingly off of the chap you sold it to) he just thinks that the cars bodywork seems to have deteriorated dramatically in such a short space of time! Especially as the car has been garaged for over the past 1.5 years, so it hasn't got any worse in that time… And that only leaves approx a year to get to how it is now to when you sold it, which seems astonishing which I am sure you will agree?!
Also do you still have copies of paperwork history for the car you had, such as things like the importation documents?
Cheers!

Back to the top
dates are correct mate, i'm afraid i dont have any paper work that all went with the car so cant help with that one, sorry

as for the condtion i cant explain that one mate, its not been loved by the look of things. it was a solid very orginal car when i sold it mate

the bumpers were also new when i sold it, looks like the rear one is alittle bent now?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.