Skip navigation

Direct action brake servo/master cylinder work with PICS!

Back to the top

Direct action brake servo/master cylinder work with PICS!

Thanks for the thread and the excellent photo's.

I was looking for options for fitting my hydro master cyl, however having seen this, I wonder if I could get a direct servo too.

I've currently got a large chunk of rot cut out where the clutch cable should be, and that original bracing bar has to come out anyway as I've a rust hole to plate behind.

I've no scuttle either.

I had dismissed the idea as it looked like there was not enough room.

Not sure if the space is there - I will be runing a turbo but I could flip the turbo and send the airfilter pipe down to where the battery isn't anymore..

Thanks once again - much better thread than the one from 'golfgobsh1te'

Back to the top
Just one question....throttle cable???

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments!
Sorry but i have made no progress since the weather turned good,as i cant bring myself to be in the garage all weekend while the sun shines,especially after a week at work fixing other vw's.

Reg i have replied to your PM

I will be using the coraddo G60 throttle cable and running it up through the scuttle tray and through the firewall to the motor.

1989 caddy
1981 gti
1993 cabby

Back to the top
Like I said, thanks for the pictures and the thread, gave me the confidence to do a job that I'd decided couldn't be done because of lack of space

Made up a 2.5mm thick plate with the mountings cut for both master cylinders, had to cut and reshape the end of the chassis rails a bit and attack the inner wings with the heavy stick to make some clearance…
angling the plate back into the car allowed me to mount the servo up high and maximise clearance without too much modification of the chassis rail/inner wing

Just about got enough clearance now to fit this baby in :thumbs_up should haul me up nice.

10" servo with a 25mm master cylinder woohoo! other jobby is the clutch master cylinder.

No, they don't fit the standard pedal box.

I was going to weld the original chassis number back into the hole on top of the scuttle - good idea or no?

It will get braced up too.

Back to the top
Looking good there Reg though that bit of ford sat there makes me cringe lol
Dunno bout the rewelding in of the chassis stamp it could be deemed as corrupt by the rozzers as its not in the original place and any number could have been welded in there…. I would leave it out completely,is the factory sticker still in the boot?

Nice work though mate it looks so familiar,roll on autumn so i can get on with mine again!

1989 caddy
1981 gti
1993 cabby

Back to the top
though that bit of ford sat there makes me cringe

what is it with the anal retentives in this scene  :lol: it's a better servo,it's a bigger master cyl, it's newer, the pipework is easier AND it's about 5 times less money than the scene approved 9"

As for the welding of the VIN number…. too late it's back in. I've got pics of it partially cut out with the number visable, and pics of it being welded back in. Don't think the bizzies can have much issue with all the evidence I have. I could always filler over it.

No sticker in the boot but I have got the original VIN plate to fit. back on the slam panel

Back to the top
Finished my pedal box, can be seen on page 5 of my build

and yes you could fit a VW servo if you wanted as the mounts are the same between ford and VW - almost like the servos aren't actually made by VW but bought in from a third party? God forbid if Ford used the same supplier  :roll:

the bulkhead is looking a bit tidier too.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.