Skip navigation

Brand New Mk1 Golf from South Africa, Would anyone buy one?

Back to the top

Brand New Mk1 Golf from South Africa, Would anyone buy one?

only rumours at the moment mate. not got to many details right now. :dontknow:

Back to the top
other one,tomo320 has it now i think?

Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
lol at bert…. each to their own my friend lol… does look nice though… immaculate!!  Don't you ever drive the thing  :wink:

Back to the top
taxed,moted,insured,full tank…………drove 2 miles then back in garage,dont have time to use 4 cars  :?
Bert

thought,best drain fuel out,it will go stale  :lol:

Back to the top

Bert said

taxed,moted,insured,full tank…………drove 2 miles then back in garage,dont have time to use 4 cars  :?
Bert

thought,best drain fuel out,it will go stale  :lol:

full tank…. and it only drove 2 miles… that really did make me chuckle… explains the immaculate condition… what's the mileage?  You seen many over here… meets included?

Back to the top
i brought mine in 2000 from the local paper  8O  then the white one came along,i was going to cut it up for bits but it was 110% mint,the rear brake back plated were still gold plated,so i registered it and sold it on,the red one has done 39,000 miles,it needs another cambelt,done 200 miles,but been sitting for 9 years  :lol: tomo has had a few,his blue one was a tank,he drove thousands of miles in it,i changed the gearbox in it for him for a lower ratio one to save fuel,never seen one at a show,i took mine to malvern bvf show once,the interest was amazing,
Bert

Back to the top

Me wallpaper…..

Back to the top

Bert said

needs another cambelt,done 200 miles,but been sitting for 9 years  :lol:

never seen one at a show,i took mine to malvern bvf show once,the interest was amazing,
Bert

Probably because they seem to be rarer than rocking horse .. errr doo-doo!!  you going to the AGM this year?

So… 200 miles before your cam belt change aye… that's 100 days at your rate mate  8O  lol

Back to the top
look pretty similar to me, air con is in my haynes manual. in the 174 to 1984 one.

does the air con only come out of those centre vents,if so it must be possible to put a kit together for earlier mk1's

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

look pretty similar to me, air con is in my haynes manual. in the 174 to 1984 one.

does the air con only come out of those centre vents,if so it must be possible to put a kit together for earlier mk1's

why would want it. it'll slow you down.

Back to the top
no,the cambelt i fitted 9 years ago has done 200 miles,but its been so long and they do perish  :?  i may splash ?3 on a new belt,  :o
Bert

Back to the top

novocaine said

whatalotafun said

i personally dont want it but my wife may if i ever talk her into getting one

she said she won't drive anthing without powersteering and air con.

now i know both exist…………

Back to the top
Hey guys, what a good read  :wink:
I may be taking my citi(Cti) to Ultimate Dubs in March, look out for me then  :)
I am lucky with mine.I can get most of the parts for mine off the shelf at Gsf. Only problems i have had so far is the front grill and inner spot lights.
spots have diffrent fixing points on the grill than the uk model, and the grill is a diffrent shape to the uk model too.
Had mine since may and have already done 12k in it. Get a good 45mpg out of her too  :P  33mpg since i fitted the borbets tho  :cry:

As for the guy with the y plate citi that was on ebay, dont think he would know much about how to get one over here. he said in his add he had got it from a local dealer  :?

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

novocaine said

whatalotafun said

i personally dont want it but my wife may if i ever talk her into getting one

she said she won't drive anthing without powersteering and air con.

now i know both exist…………

I have a car with aircon. Admittedly, last summer there was little need for it, but the summer of 2006 was a scorcher and my aircon would have been on, even with the extra fuel consumption and power loss! (Luckily I had a cabby at the time).

Back to the top
does it just come out of those centre vents then paul?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.