Skip navigation

Brand New Mk1 Golf from South Africa, Would anyone buy one?

Back to the top

Brand New Mk1 Golf from South Africa, Would anyone buy one?

fair does petey boy. pass the muggu. :wink:

Back to the top
By the way "I didn't tell someone to tell me my car is mint, they wanted a pic and i replied, wheres the issue with that.  As far as your concerned, your mk1 is the orignal and the mk1 citi is cheap quality built car, lets leave it like that to big up your ego "

Now your making assumptions.  I prefer the mk1 from the 80's and as I know nothing about the SA golf someone else on here mentioned the slight quality difference in builds not me.  So to put words in my mouth is unjust.  I actually said I'm glad there's replacement panels for mine even with the difference in quality (if there is one).

You don't like someone saying there's difference which look modern and like the mk2 yet you like the modern twist and updates.. yet say I'm wrong for saying it looks slightly different…  :dontknow:  8O

My friends and missus didn't know the difference between a mk1 and mk2 but I didn't say they were negative or think they were trying to insult my car… simply pointed out the differences… it's not a big thing mate.

P.S It may be a rust bucket but at least it's original  :wink: lol… that's what you wanted right.

Back to the top
Agreed fella, mine is an original also, but did you not reply to that post previously?
And paul, i am sure spud doesnt need anyone to make a point for him :wink:

Back to the top
Now we've both calmed down…. anyone got any more views on the subject lol  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I'm all good here spud, like you say, anyone else with an opinon :lol:  :wink:

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

I'm all good here spud, like you say, anyone else with an opinon :lol:  :wink:

Hmmmm… it's all gown quiet around here….

(tumble-weed floats across the "SA golf - would you buy one thread")

Back to the top
LMFAO, what makes me laugh is the FORUM post i put up, then this :lol:

Back to the top
So Pedders… on a light note… and not taking the mick or trying to start  :wink: … is it nippy mate?  I had a mk1 driver as a kid and even though it was only a 1.3 is was surprisingly quick!!

What's the R-line is that the gti SA version?

Back to the top
Mine is nippy bud, fitted weber, gti exhaust and soon a cam, i done the mods for little extra relibilty and speed when i need it, i am a sunday driver lol.
The r-line was bad seller for some reason, basicaly it is a new 1.8i produces 112bhp, the r-line referres to the bodykit styling
it is faster obviously than normal gti 1.8 due to being new, thats only difference, same car
Pete  :wink:

Back to the top
Bert has a cracker of a mk1 citi, original 1.3 non modified, can eat you dinner off it.
I come on here knowing poo about the citi as it was confusing due to engine parts i.e 1.3 big block, but bert taught me all about them and i am very happy with it, the colour is caribbean blue, the wife found it on ebay and i took over it lol

Back to the top
Hopefully I'll get to see them at the AGM.. it'll be the first ones I've seen in real life (obviously… as youcan tell from this thread  :wink: ).

I think we've scared people off bud lol  :lol:

Spud pulls up a chair and buys Pedders a virtual pint….

Back to the top
It looks like it, thanks for the pint but i don't drink just an orange juice for me :lol:

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

It looks like it, thanks for the pint but i don't drink just an orange juice for me :lol:

But I've already bought it  8O … let's see if anyone else joins in… they can have it.  Anyone else want to join us for a virtual pint and talk over buying a SA golf?  I think we've killed the thread lol… sorry TomB  :oops:

Back to the top
did someone say pint :roll:

Back to the top
Sure, I love the citi golfs.
Got one as me wallpaper.
Often discussed importing one with a mate who works in logistics.
I like the citirox and citistorm models they do now.
I would love to import a new one before they stop making them.

Back to the top
rumour has it they will run out of production this year.
with the plan on building the mk5 in it's place.

even bigger rumour is that VW are running the plant for spares same as merc did.

Back to the top
Pint awarded to Novocaine and Nordoff thanks fellas...

Back to the top
please see above. :wink:

Back to the top
ok,citis are ace,better than origional mk1's so there spud  :wink:  heres mine not used much,i like the TD too much  :twisted:

engine 1.3 with a/c

interior

front susp

frontish

back

crazyquiff rear lamps

would and may convert to turbo diesel one day,you never know  8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

novocaine said

rumour has it they will run out of production this year.
with the plan on building the mk5 in it's place.

even bigger rumour is that VW are running the plant for spares same as merc did.

Sorry mate I already started the reply.. then there it'd all moved on lol…

Are they running the plant for spare indefinitly or for a few years.. or didn't they say… I'm interested as I could need bits in the future.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.