Skip navigation

buzz noise from underneath rear!

Back to the top

buzz noise from underneath rear!

After my constant buzz from the fuel pump yesterday i have now changed the relay that was a little wet. The problem now is that the car will turn over but not fire up like it did yesterday. Has my fuel pump now packed up? I am struggling please help!

Back to the top

trigger said

After my constant buzz from the fuel pump yesterday i have now changed the relay that was a little wet. The problem now is that the car will turn over but not fire up like it did yesterday. Has my fuel pump now packed up? I am struggling please help!

Which relay did you change? And did you swap it like-for-like or with just another relay (fuel pump relays have an additional function in them).

To determine if its the relay or fuel pump at fault, bypass the relay by bridging the 2 large spade connectors on the place it plugs in, with a wire and switch.

Back to the top
Its the correct relay, ive just bought it from german spares in Swinton and it was the same. Just seems strange that it turned over yesterday and since this morning before and after fitting the new relay it wont fire up.

Back to the top
Is the fuel pump buzzing when you turn on the ignition? It could be one of 2 things in my view:

1. The fuel pump was on its way out, failed, and the relay is a side issue.
2. The water has affected the fuel pump relay AND other electrics too, within the fusebox.

Either way, the test to bypass the relay can eliminate that from your enquiries. Then using the bypass, remove/lower the fuel pump cradle and test the electrical terminals on it for +12V and 0V. This will show if its the fuel pump at fault or another electrical issue.

Back to the top
thanks for the advise, I will have a go sunday as I want to scream at the moment.

Cheers.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.