Skip navigation

No bumpers illegal?

Back to the top

No bumpers illegal?

whatalotafun said

did say if he was being picky, just wanted to point it out.

Its a valid point. A lot of MoT testers are now really cautious with what they pass, and also whereas before they might overlook adding items as advisories, are being careful to put them on. Basically all this has come about because of computerisation, which also includes being able to look at the history if a car's MoT tests, which will include what the car failed on, received an advisory on, and who looked at it. Big brother, etc.

Back to the top
tell me about it when i mot'ed this:

it was mot'ed in about 15 mins, but then we had a cuppa coffee and a good ol' chat for 30 mins, he said they can tell how long it takes for him to test it. so we wasted a while after and he passed it on only an advisory for a cracked tyre, i would have failed it myself.

and also one of the rear brakes didnt stop the testing rollers but he said it was a pass. i sorted it afterwards anyway.

Back to the top
4 MoT's no problems,!!!2500 miles Uk,France &  Germany No problem!!

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
If you get a dodgey MOT your just storing up problems for the future, might as well take it somewhere who'll point out every detail and then do the work yourself, that way you'll know you have a good roadworthy car.

~Madferret

Mk1 1457cc 5door GX '83

Back to the top

Madferret said

If you get a dodgy MOT your just storing up problems for the future, might as well take it somewhere who'll point out every detail and then do the work yourself, that way you'll know you have a good roadworthy car.

not saying i got a dodgy mot. just that the tester was more leaniant than i would have been
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.