Skip navigation

R/H/Side Direct Action Servo Conversion

Back to the top

R/H/Side Direct Action Servo Conversion

syncro said

i just got this pm from golfgod,

By the way nissan do a pwr rack that is very close to the mk1 change the tie rod ends for vw ones join the two halves of each uj joint, install a new alternator with the pump attached to its rear [no need for vw pump assemb] or if its a combo use the servo vac as well that way you allways got servo power even if engine dies!

skyline
primera etc.

so there you have it guys another piece of genius from the golfgod………..personally ive never in my life read such a half baked load of rubbish!  the guy thinks an altenater with built in vac pump still provides vacumn if the engine driving it stops turning WHAT??? and think about it is it really easier to fit an altenater with built in p/s pump from say a transit, pajero etc to a golf engine and be messing around fabricating mounting brackets, tensioners, pullies and different belts rather than use a good old reliable power steering pump brackets, pullies and belts that will bolt on from another vag engine  and hey golfgod a skyline rack is from a rwd car, its mounted under the sump to a crossmember not mounted to the bulkhead like the fwd bluebird rack supposedly used in the TSR conversion

i know its off topic but for anyone interested here is my toyota power steering conversion, it may be more helpful than that gem of a pm up there, i feel the need to post some usefull information on the subject to cancel out that drivel i had to read there, i cant wait to see pictures of his abs/servo install if thats his thinking behind power steering

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php?s=23c558b0c168bf3685c96a44f500f60a&showtopic=20511&pid=187809&st=0&#entry187809

there are many different ways of converting to pas, the info contained in the above link was the approach i took and it worked out very well for me

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one getting PMs - golfgod, don't PM me again, post it here to allow discussion. Thanks.

Back to the top
LOL
 ,servos, who needs them anyway, as for abs what a load of rubbish.
  :D

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
Hey goflgod feel free to have a laugh at my 'mk1 conversion 2.0 16v on r1 carbs' in the project section- theres plenty of backyard bodging for you to see, but im afraid no pictures of my own ultra special footwell as this is now a specially strict patent-pending fabrication uber-secret which may or may not kill us all.

Join 'photobucket'- its a free image site that resizes your pics automatically for fourms like this. Its so goddamn easy peasy, even i can use it  8)

You've certainly rattled a few cages very quickly chum, best get some pics up quick so we dont all think its all a load of mooshine and laugh you off to the next forum highjack!!

Back to the top

bends

Look what are you talkin about of course you will brake on bends theres plenty of em and how will abs not help?? if it works properly it is nice why fit as standard to most vehicles?

Back to the top

one for syncro

oi syncro you little anarak i said if the engine dies not stops turning you just aint got a clue av ya? and you jump the gun and dont read properly.

Back to the top

Re: bends

golfgod said

Look what are you talkin about of course you will brake on bends theres plenty of em and how will abs not help?? if it works properly it is nice why fit as standard to most vehicles?

When you are introduced to track driving, it is well established technique to get all the braking done, in a straight line, before you turn in for the corner. After you have mastered this, then you can leave the braking even later and "curl the tail" of the braking zone, to start the turn in just before you end braking. Basically, any car can brake best when its in a straight line. And any car corners best when its 'neutral', ie neither accelerating or decelerating. Then on the exit, you can apply power, and control the oversteer or 4 wheel drift, to accelerate as best you can for the forthcoming straight.

Its the fastest way round a racetrack.

Sure, in road situations, there will be instances when you need to brake and turn - the moose test is a good example here. But if we're considering a car modified, a fair amount, we can assume it is an enthusiast who is enhancing the car for track use or at least a similar sporty feel, within the limitations of driving on public roads.

Back to the top

For the clever

*POST DELETED*

Back to the top

Re: one for syncro

golfgod said

oi syncro you little anarak i said if the engine dies not stops turning you just aint got a clue av ya? and you jump the gun and dont read properly.

Ill leave the fact you are braking hard enough on a bend to get ABS to kick in to one side….(unless you have very very poo tyres with a low co-eff of friction  :wink: ) I think Paul has backed me up enough to prove I know what Im on with….Have you done advanced car control? - Im off for my second course on this a few weeks through work, ?1500 worth of training at MIRA proving ground in various cars and on various diff surfaces from ice to high grip tarmac….Ill ask their views on mid corner braking hard enough to get ABS to kick in and let you know what they say  :lol:  :wink:

From - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Dies

Die - To cease living; become dead; expire.

Now this means that if the engine dies it has stopped turning…so I think you will find Syncro is correct  :lol:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
Received another PM last night:

golfgod said

paul i cant wait for you to see the pics and for you to suddenly change your attitude and want to know more and be my friend how gay is that? almost as gay as you bunch of schoolgirls worried im right sort it out paul i aint your enemy and as for the rack where it bolted originaly is niether or there this is gettin stupid

Once again, golfgod please don't PM me again.

Back to the top
Guys, best bit of banter I've seen on here for a long time. Roll on round 2  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
ah i missed this all i can say is i dont have big brakes and i stop fine from 100mph

if the mk1 braking system is set up correctly then it will works 100%
trust me.

this is way to much effort when you can buy a pedal box which will do away with the bars ect of the shelf

cant wait for my pm  :mrgreen:

oh and were not all gurus but dont take kindly to idiots giving it the big um calm down a bit and read back your arsy replies then you will see who the person in the wrong

theats my 2p well spent i think :mrgreen:

Back to the top
still waiting for the pictures…….

I was always led to beleive ABS allows you to steer around obsticals under heavy braking and that it doesn't actually inprove the braking distance.

Graham
(Boraboy on most other forums)

Cabrio GTI  Now in Lhasa Green with running 1.8T AJQ on OEM management.
Coming to bits again for more mods after reading to much on here…
Oh yeah, and a Golf V GT TDi

Back to the top

cabby18t said

I was always led to beleive ABS allows you to steer around obsticals under heavy braking and that it doesn't actually inprove the braking distance.

dont know about you but i like to feel the pedal working and not have abs interfering with the heavy braking :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

cabby18t said

dont know about you but i like to feel the pedal working and not have abs interfering with the heavy braking :wink:

Pro's and con's for both, but like you, I wont be rushing to fit it.

Graham
(Boraboy on most other forums)

Cabrio GTI  Now in Lhasa Green with running 1.8T AJQ on OEM management.
Coming to bits again for more mods after reading to much on here…
Oh yeah, and a Golf V GT TDi

Back to the top

cabby18t said

ABS only helps under extreme braking where it stops a wheel locking, BUT if you have good feel you can normally judge this your self by feel, plus it all depends how over active the ABS is, I have driven some cars where it cuts in very early  :?

heres a how it works just incase "The Lord almighty" is reading this, and for anyone else who just wants to know  :)

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/auto-parts/brakes/brake-types/anti-lock-brake1.htm

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top

Re: one for syncro

golfgod said

so you are reduced to name calling? if im an anarack then what are you? you seem to think you know it all. im here because im a car enthusiast I want to read good solid information on this forum and learn from it and I want to contribute in a positive way, I can do without reading nonsence from the like of you

Inaris silver series 1. APX 1.8T REVO software, hybrid O2J/O2S 6 speed, peloquin diff, cabrio drives, toyota pas, 7.5x16 5X100 compomotive mo flatspokes, G60 ABS, 305 brembos octy vrs rears, coilovers and arb's by H&R

Back to the top
New Year and same old same old, why hasn't someone banned golfgod and locked this thread???

Its mildly entertaining but I come on here for MK1 stuff not a slanging match.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
I have no idea why the swearing has been allowed to remain. Moderators (there's enough of them!) - can you comment on why this has been overlooked?

Back to the top
this site is doing some weird stuff double posting  :banghead:

Back to the top
quite funny tbh as syncro said some people are just after good solid facts which is a fair comment

and yes seems the moderators are still on there xmas holidays but then lets face it not many of them come into the tech section is scares them :mrgreen:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.