Skip navigation

Hi new guy with VW MK1 golf GLD good condition with PICS!!!

Back to the top

Hi new guy with VW MK1 golf GLD good condition with PICS!!!

Wish you luck mate  :y:

Try & restore her rather than scraping her. Not may Diesels around but there are too many Diesel lovers here inc me :mrgreen:
I too would love to have another 5 door Diesel :mrgreen:

Let us know how you get on Cheers.

Max :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
posted some new pics 8)

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Back to the top
Good luck with the viewing on Monday. If nothing else, it might give you the 5 speed box to go straight into yours. Hope it has one! Nice photos by the way  :D

Back to the top

Diesel-dubber said

Good luck with the viewing on Monday. If nothing else, it might give you the 5 speed box to go straight into yours. Hope it has one! Nice photos by the way  :D

Hey thanks, that Monday was of 2 weeks ago, the car was crap, but the guy told us that in two weeks (around now) he knows another guy that is selling a mk1 and should be in better condition  :)

The one we went to see was painted with wall paint and the bonnet wasn't even closed properly (broken hinges and rusted lock) besides the doors were open too so ppl would throw rubbish and stuff inside and the rain enters from perished seals.

The next one is used as a daily driver so should be in much better condition  :?

Back to the top

ollymalta said

Hey thanks, that Monday was of 2 weeks ago
Oops, sorry! Shame the car was rubbish. He was right about it being scrap only! Hope this next one's good though, it sounds better.  :pray:

Back to the top
Cool let us know... Did you manage to get the 5 speed box of him then...

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Nice looking TD!

Back to the top
So got some new stuff to go on the car before coming up for the AGM …

have to see to the rear shocks too but the guy didn't have any at the mo :banghead:

Anyway he mentioned that he was taking apart a golf so I'll go and check about any doors/tailgate/parts (hopefully in better nick than the other ones I went to see) ,seems like a quality guy so should have some parts that are slightly more valuable than scrap metal :D  :lol:

Back to the top
only the best quality bits for you,sachs and febi  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Olly Mate, nice to hear from you… Its been a while…. :wink:
Good to see your car is coming together. :mrgreen:

I yet have to fit the alternator i recd from GSF daybefore after weeks of waiting. They orignally gave me with the wrong one… split me radiator hose. :banghead:  

Done a bit of DIY to the hose so hopefully will be sorted. :wink:

Look forward to seeing you to the AGM… :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

Bert said

only the best quality bits for you,sachs and febi  :wink:
Bert

Yep only the best for my baby :lol:  8) I spoil her and in return she doesn't break down :lol: :lol:

allana13 said

Olly Mate, nice to hear from you… Its been a while…. Wink
Good to see your car is coming together. Cheesy Grin

I yet have to fit the alternator i recd from GSF daybefore after weeks of waiting. They orignally gave me with the wrong one… split me radiator hose. Somewhat frustrated

Done a bit of DIY to the hose so hopefully will be sorted. Wink

Look forward to seeing you to the AGM… Cheesy Grin

Yeah its been a while now cos there was nothing to do with the car, but been to the mechanic (he always knows what the problems are) and decided to sort out all this stuff.

I don't know how you guys are constantly changing alternators/starter motors, I just get them rewound and checked by this friend of mine every once in a while and they're fine.

Back to the top
To be honest with you i did try & get it rewound however it was turin out Expensive. Mine packed it in hence….

Getting a new shiny one was the cheaper option from GSF… But they supplied me the wrong one, and now the right one that doesnt fit…. Man its a nightmare… :banghead:

Glad to hear your having fun…. :lol:

I am now planning to go out on the scooter & have some wind in me face :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Today mechanic put on new clutch, he said the old one was so bad that it could have gone any second. Good thing we noticed now and not in July on our way to the meet  :?  8O

Back to the top
Well done mate,

If you havent chuked it away post some pics of the nasty clutch. Is it your 1st clutch ?

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Well done mate,

If you havent chuked it away post some pics of the nasty clutch. Is it your 1st clutch ?

Yes 1st clutch (28 years), took care of it but noting lasts indefinitely.

Mechanic has lots more work to do tomorrow too, but will post a pic if I get it.

Back to the top
my clutch was 23 years old,a sachs /vw unit,55,000 miles and it was fine when i replaced it,i only changed it as i went to a 210mm plate  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
Thats Quality :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Ok guys the car is back… and some pics of the old worn parts (and a pic of the car  :) )

New clutch is much better (obviously), car flew on 1st, also stalled as I have to get used to flooring the clutch pedal now  :oops: … Bad habits  :lol:

NO GROOVES 8O  8O  Friction part (what is left of it) was actually moving!!!!

Front shocks, I pressed them in and they don't come back out !!!

No BEARINGS and one of the Bolts came off

Exhaust pipe rubbers old, hard and cracked

Its not that I don't take care of the car it's just that all the thing seem to always go at once  :lol:  :lol:   The whole lot done for GBP 130

Back to the top
Thats a Bargain :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
that just shows german engineering  :wink:
Bert

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.