Skip navigation

Hi new guy with VW MK1 golf GLD good condition with PICS!!!

Back to the top

Hi new guy with VW MK1 golf GLD good condition with PICS!!!

Ah Sound mate…..

Cant wait till the end of this month to get me hands on my MK1 :D

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

ollymalta said

Lets make this forum more interesting and everyone who replies now on includes the longest distance in miles that they drove in their MK1 to a show   :wink:

181 miles to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club event, a 362 mile round-trip. But I know there were others who travelled further.  :lol:

Back to the top

Finally got the scanner to work after 2 years

Car is still at the panel beater, progress so far:

The new scuttle panel is in place and welded on (forgot camera if I go again I'll take some pics), as you can see from the first post there was rust all across the length of the bottom, when the windscreen was removed the whole lip was found to be in a bad state.

Also the near side sill is fitted in place and work is being done where is caved in when using the jack.

Unfortunately the whole sill had to be replaced, even though it looked good, cos when the front wing was removed a hole was found on the inner wing where water used to enter and seep through the whole length of the sill 8O

Work hasn't started on the rear arch yet but that shouldn't take too long.

Once everything is ready the car has to go in for spraying ,knowing my luck the sprayer broke his hand or something and cannot work for now :x

The VRT test has to be postponed to mid February cos there's no way It'll be ready on time!

Today after hours of swearing and fighting with the pc I got the scanner to work again and I uploaded some pics for you guys  

Brochure of mk1 when bought:

Pic of my car in brochure that I chose:

and finally a proper scan of the car on the first day of ownership 21st April 1981:

Back to the top
Looks well neat……

Good 1 there mate.

:y:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Old pictures with mk1's in look spot on.

Back to the top
Finally gone to see the car today :D

Had to drive to the sprayers with a taped on windscreen  :P

Here are some pics of how the car is till now:

The N/S rear arch replaced (was completely gone) silly me I totally forgot to take a pic of the main job at hand which was the sill which you can see in the pic is in black as it had to be all replaced even thought the problems were in the front :wink:

The lip of the tailgate boot seal was totally knackered and although it only shows a small part in the pic the whole lot was done

The new sill from crazyquiff in place with the windscreen (with seal) taped in place so that we could drive to the sprayer.

VERY BAD NEWS Though , unfortunately when reconnecting all the electrics nearly nothing worked!!!!!   The indicaators weren't working but that problem I already knew about and the relay has to be replaced.

The problem is the speedo the lights wont work but the indicators work on it not sure what the problem is though, but the blue printed circuit is a bit ruined at the connections  :dontknow:  Does anyone know what to do ???

Anyway as usual with our beloved mk1's there's always more work than expected  :roll:

I noticed also with the parcel shelf side mounts removed that the interior has a quite evenly spread coating of surface rust  which is my next mayor project, It is all solid just needs to be sanded down to bare metal and painted  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Coming along nicely. Shame about the electrics - very annoying when they go wrong. I barely know the first thing about electrics unfortunately! I would put a separate post up in the Electrics section and see if anyone can offer advice.

Back to the top
can we have a up to date picture of you please,see how you have weathered  :lol:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

can we have a up to date picture of you please,see how you have weathered  :lol:
Bert

Hi Bert

I've dated along with my MK1 over the years :(  but  unfortunately unlike the car I can't be fixed up  :roll:

I'd prefer not to post a pic for identity reasons (you can never be too safe on the net) but hopefully my son and I will come up for the AGM and we'll meet there  :wink:

Back to the top
yes come to the agm,good weekend,bring the diesel  :wink:
Bert

Back to the top
Woohoo 1000 viewers!! :D

Sorry guys for not updating on the car but the sprayer has been quite busy and hasn't started on mine yet. So far the bonnet roof and scuttle panle have been keyed down and hopefully the car should be ready by the middle of next week.

Then the next step is to bring it home to try and fix the electrics myself (how difficult could it be :?  ) if I can't I'll have to take it to an electrician :banghead: more expenses.

Then It'll go back to the panel beater who has all the remaining parts to put back on. I'll try and take some pics if I have the chance.

Back to the top
Yesterday I decided to try and finish off cleaning the back seat, this is a pic of it half done

with these..

..yes I have a lot of patience

Finally the car is ready from paint so were going to get it home today so we can fix the electric problems.. :? wish me luck

So maybe this evening I'll be able to upload some pics of the car  :D

Back to the top
hi olly. good work on the cleaning, i thought i was abit anal with cleanign but this is a new level for me. :D

sorry i forgot about getting that pic of the colour code sticker, i'll try and get one for you today.

ash

Back to the top
Good work on that seat! And good luck with getting the electrics sorted. Looking forward to seeing the car after paint.  :D

Back to the top
here you go. not very exciting i'm afriad.

mine was inside the boot on the rear panel.

ash

Back to the top

dope_as said

here you go. not very exciting i'm afriad.

mine was inside the boot on the rear panel.

ash

Not at all very exciting actually, I'll see if I can get it reproduced (got to decode what all the numbers are though :D )

If you have a chance, there isn't a way you could take the dimensions of the thing thanks

A big thank you for the pic   :)

Back to the top
Hi guys I'm back with the car and I'm rrly tired so don't feel like typing  :cry:

So I passed by this today when walking to the panel beater

So now pics of the car at home  :D The pics aren't that good cos its night time and in the dark don't come too good

…and my attempt to straighten the parcel shelf  :? Still working on that though, been quite busy lately

lots more work to be done now the car is back but I'll post tomorrow cos I'm dead meat

Back to the top
bet your teeth shine well  :lol:
Bert

Back to the top
Man that pick up looks quality :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top
Hey guys, so yesterday spent the whole day on the car to fix the electrical problems. So all went well thankfully and my hunch was correct that the problem was at the connections  :)  I fixed that and connected everything up which took me ages cos I didn't know where everything went (There were some missing bits but after an hour's search I found them in the glove box  :oops: )

Anyway all was well, 5 hrs later all connected up I noticed that the LED lights in the speedo weren't working and it was all downhill from there  :banghead:
I had to remove the dashboard surround again and remove the switches, when the hazard switch fell apart 8O  Another 3/4 of an hour finding all the small bits and trying to figure out how it went back together. When I did fix it it didn't work :evil: so an hour later I realised that those small springs were important after all :lol:

So with that working again I try to fix the LEDs which I don't and I give up at around 11pm and put everything back on. Fortunately when everything was back on, one of the LED's started working again :D So at the end of it the only thing not working now is an LED

copper connectors rolled back due to wear

TADAA Magic :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.