Skip navigation

mk1 topgear?

Back to the top

mk1 topgear?

It was the worst episode of TopGear I have ever seen. And that was without seeing a perfectly good-looking mk1 on the scrap pile!!

Just a question: why do you think they would put a mk1 on there? For 1 Clarkson loves 'em, 2 they're a classic car and 3 surely they could have got a few scruffy old fords and peugeots from other scrapyards??  :dontknow:  :banghead:

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Just a question: why do you think they would put a mk1 on there? For 1 Clarkson loves 'em, 2 they're a classic car and 3 surely they could have got a few scruffy old fords and peugeots from other scrapyards??  :dontknow:  :banghead:

Probaly went to one scrap yard and bought the lot.

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

Probaly went to one scrap yard and bought the lot.

I haven't seen a mk1 in a scrappy up my way for a few years now  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Oh for Christ's sake…

Does anyone honestly think Clarkson individually picked every car that went in there, or said "No MK1 Golfs, lads" when they were stacking up the landing cars? Did he heck. I bet he wasn't even there the day they filmed that bit.

They probably went to the closest scrappy, and picked the cars that were closest to the gate.

I just watched it on iPlayer over my lunch break and I thought it was as good an episode as any.

It's only a car, and it's only a TV show, why bother getting so worked up?

Back to the top

tyeness said

Oh for Christ's sake…

Does anyone honestly think Clarkson individually picked every car that went in there, or said "No MK1 Golfs, lads" when they were stacking up the landing cars? Did he heck. I bet he wasn't even there the day they filmed that bit.

They probably went to the closest scrappy, and picked the cars that were closest to the gate.

I just watched it on iPlayer over my lunch break and I thought it was as good an episode as any.

x2

Back to the top
hahahah

I'm sure some people just disagree for the sake of it.

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for the show; I thought the jokes were bad- didn't laugh once; the star in the reasonable priced car was boring and they didn't do any features - like when they travel around Uganda in a ?50 supercar..

Switched off after 5 minutes, when the touring cars bit went off.
Wasn't too keen on last weeks either.
Come on BBC sort it out.

Back to the top

tyeness said

Oh for Christ's sake…

Sounds like you're a bit worked up buddy  :lol:

I think most people aren't too cut up about seeing a mk1 in there as it was probably rotten.  I was shocked at first but knew it'd probably be rotten anyway… I'm just a bit gutted.. I could of had the tailgate off of it  :wink:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

tyeness said

Oh for Christ's sake…

I think most people aren't too cut up about seeing a mk1 in there as it was probably rotten.  I was shocked at first but knew it'd probably be rotten anyway… I'm just a bit gutted.. I could of had the tailgate off of it  :wink:

x2      

(but not the tailgate bit)

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Ha ha was it that easy to guess??  :lol:  Not worked up, just a wee vent. 'Tis a rubbish day at work  :x

Not really disagreeing for the sake of it, mind. I do think it's pretty stupid to have a 5 page thread on it, especially after we all had a good chuckle at the Marina Owner's Club last week.

For all anyone knows the Golf is probably in the same state it was in when it left the scrappy in the first place.

Anyway, I'm well aware of the irony of my complaining about the length of the thread in my second post therein, so now I'm going to shut up and say no more on the subject.

Mat

P.S. You're right, the tailgate did look solid  :wink:  :cry:

Back to the top
maybe the quiff meister should get onto the beeb and see if he get hold of it for parts.

Back to the top
I do think it's pretty stupid to have a 5 page thread on it

Why?  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Gosh darnit, ya done made me do a reply.

Because it achieves nothing, and, as I said, we were all laughing at the Marina Owner's Club for doing exactly the same thing, though theirs had more expletives and was few pages longer, so I suppose we've got a way to go to match them  :roll:

Back to the top

tyeness said

Gosh darnit, ya done made me do a reply.

LOL ….  carry on… you were saying  :wink:

Back to the top

paul_c said

tyeness said

Oh for Christ's sake…

x2

X3

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

tyeness said

Oh for Christ's sake…

x2

X3

x4 :mrgreen:

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

Lawsy said

paul_c said

tyeness said

Oh for Christ's sake…

x2

X3

x4 :mrgreen:

x5

talk about a band wagon  :lol:

Back to the top
+1 just to be different. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
the answer is "121"

Back to the top
nar works out at "42"
same as every other sum.
unless you go quantum then it all equals 1 and if it doesn't you invent a few numbers to make it so.

Back to the top

novocaine said

nar works out at "42"
same as every other sum.
unless you go quantum then it all equals 1 and if it doesn't you invent a few numbers to make it so.

:scratch:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.