Skip navigation

power steering kit? whats needed? anyone want one?

Back to the top

power steering kit? whats needed? anyone want one?

whatalotafun said

tbh i was thinking you may have them up at ?250. maybe even ?200.

what was everyone else thinnking?

There's no way I'd be able to buy the parts and get the thing made for that!

I guess if you went out and got a column and built it up yourself you could do it under that but not a huge amount less, then there's the other costs to add on.  

I guess it's a different thing to make one for yourself in your garage and to design and built a concept, pre-prod and test it, provide insurances, warrenties etc etc.

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
anything else?

what do you think is a reasonable price?

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

whatalotafun said

tbh i was thinking you may have them up at ?250. maybe even ?200.

what was everyone else thinnking?

There's no way I'd be able to buy the parts and get the thing made for that!

I guess if you went out and got a column and built it up yourself you could do it under that but not a huge amount less, then there's the other costs to add on.  

I guess it's a different thing to make one for yourself in your garage and to design and built a concept, pre-prod and test it, provide insurances, warrenties etc etc.

Cheers

Rich

i understand all that, i don't think that you are trying to rip people off or anything, and there are lots and lots of people that will pay that just for piece of mind. i'm just saying that i can't afford that and i'm sure there are others that can't either.

Back to the top
I read somewhere that the TSR power steering kits used to sell for about ?1000 which if right shows that Crazy Quiff's is half that….

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

i understand all that, i don't think that you are trying to rip people off or anything, and there are lots and lots of people that will pay that just for piece of mind. i'm just saying that i can't afford that and i'm sure there are others that can't either.

That's cool - If your on a budget then building one yourself is the way to go  :D

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top

chester said

I read somewhere that the TSR power steering kits used to sell for about ?1000 which if right shows that Crazy Quiff's is half that….

again, i'm just saying i can't afford that. not knocking his price at all.

Back to the top

rack

Will there be a LHD option?

Back to the top
TSR kits are now ?1700+VAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I'll be interested in one because like rich said he'll have all the tests done on it so piece of mind is going to be more than if you do it yourself.

Back to the top
Hi Rich,

Can you please add my name to the list for one of these kits.

Thanks,

Chester

Back to the top
Hey i appoligise if this has all been said and this does apply to a cabriolet, but I have the powersteering rack in my shed that came off my rivage and it came off……… well according to the part numbers….. a mk3 golf, I have everything i need to pop it back on its just having the time i don't know how similar the cabrio's are to the tinnys but thought i's mention it.

Back to the top
I don't think "steering column" and "on the cheap" are phrases you want to hear in the same sentence really.

I believe the Fiat Seicento runs a similar electric power assistance setup.

The cheapest option would be to but some weights and build up those biceps! lol

Back to the top
its nice to see that companies are out there developing products for the golf like this but a major problem i find is with this kit being Eletric is the 'Lack of Feel' that mechnaical and non steering racks give.
i have a new car with electric pas and i hate it!
you cant feel a thing what the wheels are doing you have to judge them.
i think for me it would not be as involving as the standard setup.

Back to the top
The problem with fitting electric power ass istance is your still left with the very low geared steering, really you would have to figure the quaife high geared steering rack on top. The tsr  conversion does up the ratio a bit.

Back to the top
I too would like to convert to power steering, the only bit i'm scared of is welding the 2 columns together.

Crazyquiff, would you be able to supply the modified parts to complete the conversion? Then I could do the rest, like source the corsa column then bolt on your half corsa half golf part? :y:

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

I don't think "steering column" and "on the cheap" are phrases you want to hear in the same sentence really.

Isn't that what killed the great Ayrton Senna?

Back to the top

Yomp said

Steve_Matthews said

Isn't that what killed the great Ayrton Senna?

no i think that was the wall. and his shear arrogance catching upto him. :wink:

Back to the top

hi

when are these being made?

Back to the top
We will be picking up our pre-production model for testing next week.  Once installed and tested we will be kicking off the production models.

Cheers

Rich

Back to the top
i will be up for one of these if i get the other half a cabby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.