Skip navigation

How does a colour change affect value?

Back to the top

How does a colour change affect value?

i think that i want a solid colour as they always seem more shiney. and i love that lofoten green.

Back to the top

Re: How does a colour change affect value?

golf1 said

JoeB said

I'm going to get a full respray for the golf sooner or later, its diamond silver at the moment. However i've never really liked silver, and have another colour in mind that i would like. its an original period vw colour, and my question is, will changing the colour drastically affect the value of the car?

oppinions much appreciated

Joe

For some reason a mk1 Golf in silver looks crap, but looks superb in a TR4. I had my TR4 repainted from red to silver in 1995 and has probably put the value up.

How about painting it Gold?

mine was gold originally (very nice glittery gold) so it's going back that colour. cant wait to  finish her.

Back to the top
Never seen a gold mk1 in the flesh. Only seen pictures, must be a rare colour?

Back to the top
mine was painted over in green. but they never completely strippedthe car. is was painted to a very good standard. and you can acctually see the glitter in the paint, awsome colour.

Back to the top

JoeB said

yeah thats the one. its lofoten green. like i said some people don't like it, but i love it. its so 70s.
an example:

I bought this car 2 months ago!!!!

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Only if its an extreme colour that not many like, such as fluorescent pink etc!

The important thing is you do a good job. If you are not stripping the car so engine bay, inside etc stay silver but outside is a different colour, that would affect value IMO

What colour are you going for?

Cheers
Andy

As the owner of a PINK mk1 I have already been offered double what I payed for her! Don't rule anything out.

Love Amanda

Back to the top
:roll:

Back to the top

ChrisRivage said

:roll:

Thats what I get when I drive by! and long may it last, esp from good looking men who love something different! :lol:

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

golf1 said

JoeB said

I'm going to get a full respray for the golf sooner or later, its diamond silver at the moment. However i've never really liked silver, and have another colour in mind that i would like. its an original period vw colour, and my question is, will changing the colour drastically affect the value of the car?

oppinions much appreciated

Joe

For some reason a mk1 Golf in silver looks crap, but looks superb in a TR4. I had my TR4 repainted from red to silver in 1995 and has probably put the value up.

How about painting it Gold?

mine was gold originally (very nice glittery gold) so it's going back that colour. cant wait to  finish her.

Hope you finish it quicker than the chrome handles mod you were going to do :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
I sent you those ages ago,when are you going to return them :dontknow:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
i really want an inari silver mk1

Back to the top

golf1 said

For some reason a mk1 Golf in silver looks crap
I disagree, but I would - mine's silver ;)

'83 :) Golf 1.5 GX - weekender - in pics: 1983 Mk 1 Golf GX - a set on Flickr
'88 T25 camper 2.1 - in pics: Gina the van's renovation - a set on Flickr

Back to the top
^^^ Atlas Grey Metallic  :wink:  :y:

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

^^^ Atlas Grey Metallic  :wink:  :y:

ah.  I stand corrected - thanks tho, there was no paint colour sticker ;)  Hope the bodyshop can make some up :)

'83 :) Golf 1.5 GX - weekender - in pics: 1983 Mk 1 Golf GX - a set on Flickr
'88 T25 camper 2.1 - in pics: Gina the van's renovation - a set on Flickr

Back to the top
Paint code is LP7V  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
Hey Amanda the car is a great colour, they are only jealouse, about your car, its not the colour they would choose but I would be proud to be seen in it.
I might even ask for my photo to be taken with her at the AGM if you would allow it.

"Hairyarse wrote:

The important thing is you do a good job. If you are not stripping the car so engine bay, inside etc stay silver but outside is a different colour, that would affect value IMO

Cheers
Andy

As the owner of a PINK mk1 I have already been offered double what I payed for her! Don't rule anything out.

Love Amanda"

PS wait till you see their golfs and then stick your fingers down your throat all over their cars :lol:

Back to the top
who rattled your cage?

Back to the top

midget said

Hey Amanda the car is a great colour, they are only jealouse, about your car, its not the colour they would choose but I would be proud to be seen in it.
I might even ask for my photo to be taken with her at the AGM if you would allow it.

"Hairyarse wrote:

Cheers
Andy

Love Amanda"

PS wait till you see their golfs and then stick your fingers down your throat all over their cars :lol:

The trouble is, if you paint it a mad colour such as flourescent pink, your instantly limiting your market, should you sell the car…

It's going to be staying silver now, btw, as it's a minter under the carpets. It would seem a shame to change it  :D

Back to the top
Good news for me then haha,mines it going lofoten green,been planning it for quite a while now.Think ive only seen about 3 in that colour so im glad its still quite a rare colour,all the more for me!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.