Skip navigation

My Golf

Back to the top

My Golf

Just realised the head gasket i've been sent is the wrong one.  :banghead:

Been a couple of days since i emailed the suppler and still no reply so think I'm just going to go ahead and buy another from somewhere else.

Back to the top
Update,
Taken my bonnet off to paint it as i have that dent in it from when i picked it up. Think I'm goig to go for the euro/rat look now but without the rust so can be changed back when i want a change.  :)

Plans for the bonnet is rub down, grey primer stick a hoodride sicker in the corner, matte black paint, peal sticker off. Think it will look quite goof and can been changed back to standard quite easily.

Started to strip down the head now and will be getting it skimmed soon then a service on the valve seats ect.

Back to the top
Pictures,
The dent,

The car without the bonnet,

And the Bay after cleaning,

Back to the top
Bonnet now finshed, here are some pictures,
Rubbing down,

Rubbed down,

Primer,

Sticker on,

Matt Black,

Sticker off and finished,

Back to the top
u going for rat look then ?

Back to the top
Yeh but not the rust, don't think i can knowingly let my car rot.

Back to the top
On the car now,

Back to the top
Now decided to paint the front valence to match the bonnet, so removed the grill, lights, front spoiler and bumper. Surprised how easy the grill come off! Need some new clips though, some fell apart when taking them off.
Hope for a nice day today so can rub it down and paint.  :)

Back to the top
Looking into putting an early westy grill on her, so holding off with spraying the front valence as i will have to put some plate in to fill in the light cut outs.
Just need to find a grill! The lights will be coming off a different vehicles which lights are legal to use over here, like a bedford rascal.  :)

Back to the top
A westy grill would look nice on there.

Back to the top
Know of any for sale?

Back to the top
Front is now sprayed matt black. Still might do a westy end but not any time soon,

Got some stickers and a new aerial as well. :D

Bought a roof rack from ebay, should be coming next week, going to paint it all black. :)

The only chrome I'm going to have on this car is on the lips of the wheels which i should be getting soon, they are 13" bbs RA style alloys, going to get the centres powder coated orange and have polished lips, then all i need is some coilovers and i will be happy. :D

Back to the top
hmm,

i like the praise the lowered sticker…
where did you get it  :dontknow:

haha  :lol:

Back to the top
Roof rack came Tuesday, Finally got the chance to test fit it today, looks good but forgot to take any pictures. :roll:
Going to be sent off to get powder coated black now so will put some pictures up when its back and fitted again.  :)

Back to the top
Today i decided to take the covers off my old seat, i have had them for sale i while now so decided i might as well do something with them.
They looks pritty ratty so could put them in for shows or something.
Here is one.

Back to the top
Change of plan, not getting the 13 BBS RA's now.
Getting these 13x7 revolution wheels

Back to the top
Car is looking cracking matey. Same colour as mine  :lol: about 26 years ago!!
Getting mine looked at by a sprayer tonight, just need to choose a colour!!

Where did you get the rims?

Back to the top

Colinm101 said

Where did you get the rims?

I swaped them with a guy from the caddy forum, my BBS RA's you can see earlyer in this tread for these revolution wheels.

If i had a choice/money to repaint mine i would get the green, looks so old school.

Back to the top
Roof rack now back and on, also the paint has been stripped from my new wheels and started to polish the lips,

Wheels,

Also some more stickers,

Back to the top
Had to get one of the alloys curbing filled in with a bit of weld, just starting to file down the welds. Should be looking brand new when im done.

Took some pictures of the welded wheel and the progress, will post them tomorrow don't have my camera on me right now.  :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.