Skip navigation

My Golf

Back to the top

My Golf

My drivers door doesn't line up properly. Think it could be where the water is coming in.
Any good ways to fix it?

Back to the top
Is the door sagging down?

Back to the top

Sagging Door

I would be interested in that answer too as my passenger door on my car does the same thing.

Back to the top

Back to the top

ross_m said

Is the door sagging down?
Yes is sagging down.

probably need new door pins gents.
Where can they be bought from?

Back to the top

Back to the top
Sorted the door out now, also put some rear arch quater spats on and got the alarm working.  :)  
Took the rad out cleaned it up with a bit of paint and thats looking good now. Will get some pictures up soon.
Also now finished the wheel refurb just need to get some tyres when i next get paid.

Back to the top
Does anyone know if my Gamma alarm maybe dealer fitted?
Also Here is a picture of my steering wheel.

A little something I made to hang from the rear view mirror.

Back to the top

Grant25 said

Lol yeh doesn't everyone have imaginary friends?

No his a mate that has a corrado . It's just jealousy i think. lol

Im not jealous, if i wanted a mk1, id have one and it would be better than yours, lol
P.s i like the corsa dude hanging from the window, you need to find that dude that was in the mk1 last night.

Who was in a red mk1 wit no bumpers and slammed and sounded awesome at southend sat night at bout 11:30??

Back to the top

Grant25 said

Grant25 said

Lol yeh doesn't everyone have imaginary friends?

No his a mate that has a corrado . It's just jealousy i think. lol

Im not jealous, if i wanted a mk1, id have one and it would be better than yours, lol
P.s i like the corsa dude hanging from the window, you need to find that dude that was in the mk1 last night.

Who was in a red mk1 wit no bumpers and slammed and sounded awesome at southend sat night at bout 11:30??

and p.s.s if it wasnt for me you wouldnt have a mk1!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Its my mate when i go round his i keep forgetting to sign out of the forum and he keeps posting on here. Makes it look like him talking to myself, confuses me most the time aswell. lol Wish he would get his own account so i don't look a complete idiot.

Anyway back to the door. I was going to buy some new pins by dad said i was wasting my money and grabbed hold of the door and lifted it up. lol I couldn't watch was painful. But it sorted it and the door sits perfect think its sorted the leak aswell.

Back to the top
Started to replace the head gasket as there was a little oil leaking out from the corner. Finally got all the new gaskets through so started to get things rolling tonight. Got the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold off. All the cooling hoses removed. All fuel pipes removed and sensor wires. Just the head bolts to come out now but decided to call it a night so will carry on tomorrow.

Back to the top
Removed the head today. Someone had tried to fix the head gasket problem before with some kind of block sealer. There is just hard gunk blocking the cooling channels that will now need to be cleaned out. Its a real mess and need a good clean.
Apart from that everything looks good. Going to dismantle the head and cut the valve seats after the head has keep skimmed.

Back to the top
Decided whilst i had the head off i might as well clean up the bay a bit. Got a bit carried away. Removed everything off the engine except the gear box so i could clean it up and paint it.  :lol:
Oh well probably won't get another chance to do it so might as well do it properly.

Back to the top
The engine bay at the moment. A lot of scrubbing and painting to do.

A clean mark on cylinder 1 must have been leaking a bit of coolant.

The head,

The crap left from someone trying to do a fast fix on the head gasket with some engine sealant.

May have got a bit ahead of myself with the sticker "praise the lowered" but you can see my pressed plates are on.

Back to the top
I want to get some new wheels. I have my RA's but i want something a bit smaller like 13's.
Not got a big budget around ?200 so will have to be second hand, not to bothered if they come with tyres.
Any ideas anyone? Or know of any nice rims for sale?

Back to the top

Grant25 said

I want to get some new wheels. I have my RA's but i want something a bit smaller like 13's.
Not got a big budget around ?200 so will have to be second hand, not to bothered if they come with tyres.
Any ideas anyone? Or know of any nice rims for sale?

Don't really want a common wheel i.e ats classics or ronal turbos want something different.

Back to the top
looking good steering wheel looks a little small ???  8O

Back to the top

kanehodgkiss said

looking good steering wheel looks a little small ???  8O

Its only 10"'s. Still not fitted it yet though :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.