Skip navigation

rhd series 1 GTIs

Back to the top

rhd series 1 GTIs

how many do we have on here?

i can only think of about 5 off the top of my head.

dubboy x2
tallpete x1
benandemu x1
butler x1

any others?

also date of registration & build etc.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
dub76 :wink:

Back to the top
CrazyQuiff Rich has a red one

Dub76 isnt a GTi

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top

bens_cab said

dub76 :wink:

his wasn't a gti was it? (the green one)

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
no my bad didnt read the title correctly i shall find a corner to hide in :lol:  :oops:

Back to the top
I thought that there was more ,Mines a 1980 series 1 black gti.
Regards Nifty

Back to the top
From what i`ve been told they built 1200-1400 that year of the series one gti, and i would take a wild guess that no more than 50 are around and no more than 20 are known of.. 8)

Back to the top
It looks like we wont be setting up our own website just yet.

Back to the top
Top of my head

Roger Vinten's V reg Mars Red
Danny's old W reg Black
Chris Santos' V reg Black
Craig's old T reg Black

I scrapped an '80 not so long ago  :cry:  and have 2 RHD and 2 LHD

I must have heard of 30 over the last 10 years, so there can't be more than 50 or so left. They come up for sale every so often, but usually in quite poor condition and they are not the easiest to restore. There used to be a silver one parked up not far from me with different wheels and Mk2 seats in then one day it disappeared….

Banner

Back to the top
me
ok its not great but its a series 1 gti undergoin resto atm anyone got a series 1 rear pannel to help keep a series one alive (sorry off topic)

Back to the top
dubboy.Are they all gti s and were they at billing.I think it was you that helped me out at the end of billing when my brake lights stopped working.
(is the vectra as good as it looks)
Regards nifty

Back to the top
I sold my Black 79' S1 (HLX 61V) early last year. I think Tallpete has an 80' in Black? And I know Danny had a W plate as Rajan mentioned.

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top

nifty said

dubboy.Are they all gti s and were they at billing.I think it was you that helped me out at the end of billing when my brake lights stopped working.
(is the vectra as good as it looks)
Regards nifty

Yep, talking GTis only here. Vectra is best all round car I have driven - it suits my needs perfectly. Can't get better for the money.

BaltiPie said

I sold my Black 79' S1 (HLX 61V) early last year. I think Tallpete has an 80' in Black? And I know Danny had a W plate as Rajan mentioned.

Hi Craig - how are you and what are you driving? Who has your GTi now?

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

BaltiPie said

Hi Craig - how are you and what are you driving? Who has your GTi now?

Hi Rajan, I'm good thanks. Mk1's are still in the blood and I pop on here for a read every now and then. Hopefully I will have another in the next year or 2 and would love another S1. I sold mine to a chap about 20 miles away (I think he was called Matt), I haven't seen it since, but I know a couple of others have seen it about (Don't know if he's on here or it or if it's been to any shows??) Anyway I've currently got a T25 Westy Camper and a MK2 Polo Squareback as my daily.

Hope your well??…..good to see the list hasn't decreased  :)  I notice a 77 GTI, a Beetle and a 82 GTI which I'm not sure if I''ve seen before!!

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top
I bought this 79 GTI earlier this year, been struggling to get it running properly and it has needed loads of jobs doing but getting there now, I plan to use it as my daily in the spring …

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…&file=details&car_id=1760

Cheers
Kev

Back to the top

kevm said

I bought this 79 GTI earlier this year, been struggling to get it running properly and it has needed loads of jobs doing but getting there now, I plan to use it as my daily in the spring …

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…&file=details&car_id=1760

Cheers
Kev

I saw this for sale and was tempted as i think they look great in silver. Glad its gone to a good home.
Well done Kev

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
one of mines a series one rhd gti!
its on the register or should be

1980 GTI Black - Mint
1983 GTI Black - Daily Driver

Back to the top
I have an S1 GTi too :) On a V plate. Think its a 1980 though. And in a very bad way :(

Rich

Back to the top
Yep,

Me too, 1980 Series 1 with a 5 speed box. Just waiting on time and serious funds to do a proper job on it. Been Stocking up over the years, got brand new VW wings and small light rear panel ready to go on when I can afford to start chucking thousands at it! Out of interest is it easy to get the lip that the rear qaurter panel window rubbers replaced/made as mine are rotten?

Dougie

Back to the top
I have a s1 on "V" 79.Awating full resto.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.