Skip navigation

How I would like my golf to look...

Back to the top

How I would like my golf to look...

Hey,

I have been looking around for ages now trying to find the perfect looking golf and for me it is one like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280280793507

But it looks like there is not actually that much done to it.

Just front and rear bumpers removed, some cools wheels.

I have also noticed that a lot of golfs have black plastic arches, are these easy to change to what the one in that link looks like?

Basically what I am asking is how difficult would it be to take a standard Mk1 golf and make it look like that?

Thanks,

Ian

Back to the top
That car appears not to have front indicators, or front number plate.

Back to the top
number plate is in the nice legel place of in the front window.
the bumpers are easy to remove but you need to locate the number plate and indicators.
the arches are part of the gti kit. yes they are removable.

hope you dont get bumped into though if you do remove the bumpers.

Back to the top
Front plate behind windscreen, is apparently illegal.

Back to the top

paul_c said

Front plate behind windscreen, is apparently illegal.

correct

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
he was been sarcastic i think  :wink:

Back to the top
Ok cool, so I just need to take off the bumpers and put in the indicators and number plate on the front. Anyone have any idea what wheels and tyres this one has?

Back to the top
they are ats classics available all over the place i think you can even get them at halfords!? tyres are upto you……. have a look here:

Tyrestretch.com

Back to the top
Cool. To get that sort of effect you need to get tyres that are slightly too small dont you?

Back to the top
yeah i'd go for a little bit of stretch on the tyres but i wouldn't go too mental as apparently it can affect your handling so i've been told…… i'd figure out what size wheels to get first e.g 13x7's (would be my choice as they shouldn't stick out of the arches too much but are fat) or 13x 7.5s then have alook at that link and decide how much stretch you want then get ordering  :wink:

Back to the top
then try and get an mot with them on. thats always fun.
(sarcasm alert.)(stretched tyres will fail an MOT)

Back to the top
evan with a tinchy bit of stretch?

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

evan with a tinchy bit of stretch?

It depends on how much stretch. In theory, any tyre fitted to a wheel, not within the tyre manufacturer's recommended min/max sizes, is an MoT failure item. In practice, Mot testers vary.

Back to the top
Cheers for the help guys.

I have bought my Golf now, I am going to pick it up tonight. I will hopefully take some pictures and start a new topic on here when I get it!!!

Here is the eBay link, what do you think?!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160302762030

Back to the top
awsome car, just promise me you'll remove the mobile phone holder. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Haha, I am not sure if it is included with the sale!!

Back to the top
you lucky man 8)

Back to the top
Have you actually viewed the car or just bought it of the ebay auction???
Have you been in it???

Back to the top
Dont worry I went out for a test drive the other day. All seems fine, there was a small bit of rust round the back, but I think I will get this sorted once I get the car. I was actually quite faster, faster than I expected!!

I can't wait to go and get it!!

Back to the top
Looks lovely. Well done.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.