Skip navigation

mk1 as a first car?

Back to the top

mk1 as a first car?

heya mate im 17 and got a mk1 golf as my first car its soooo coool but get a 1.1 as there alot to insure anyways mine is around 1200 with a few mods declered and just done an engine conversion slightly bigger pistons so keepin quiet about that lol. defently get a 3 door and BE PACIENT it took me ages to find mine and mine in mint condition wen i bought it for only 900 quid.

Back to the top
Madmax, who did you get your insurance with?

My son is 19 and trying to find some insurance on his 1.1 Series 1 with no mods, and the cheapest he's been quoted is around ?1600.

Back to the top
hiii madmax, thanks a lot! yeah you're one hell of a lucky bugger!
tryinggggg my hardest too find a decent one, that will be cheep for me thats in good conditon.
don't have the money atm too even think of doing the car up and stuff.

thanks everyone :)

Back to the top

debs said

My son is 19 and trying to find some insurance on his 1.1 Series 1 with no mods, and the cheapest he's been quoted is around ?1600.

Try Adrian Flux, always done right by me. Club member's discount too  :wink:

Back to the top

debs said

Madmax, who did you get your insurance with?

call Direct line they are your best bet but im on my mums as a named driver and i have a few mods like wheels etc

Back to the top
i've see a couple of great looking 1.3 drivers go for cheap this year. my first car was one and gave me so much trouble with its dodgy carb..  but i still fell in love with it and i miss it so much now (10 years on)..

have you tried confused.com?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.