Skip navigation

guages

Back to the top

guages

i couldnt remove my constant oil light flashing because its needed in the sequence apparently...

Back to the top

han said

i couldnt remove my constant oil light flashing because its needed in the sequence apparently…

???

Back to the top

GrimyFingers said

There are I'm sure a few different ways you can attach an oil pressure gauge depending on a few different desired effects. Do you want mechanical or electric? Do you want to maintain the factory light and buzzer or do away with it? Do you like having the rather large electric sender hanging onto the engine somewhere?

All the different ways and feelings a side, location should be well though out before doing the work. Attached to the filter bracket will give you oil pump pressure, call it system pressure like in a CIS fuel system if that helps. problem with that is that if the bearings start to wear thin or there is a blockage in the cylinder head starving say the camshaft, you will not know it untill too late. Many people don't care and use that location anyway, but I suggest using the location on the driver's side of the cylinder head. That location is at the end of the oiling system and will show a problem anywhere in the system.

where abouts is the oil way on the head?

Back to the top

paul_c said

han said

i couldnt remove my constant oil light flashing because its needed in the sequence apparently…

???

they told me the light has to come on when ignition is turned on or something or it has to flash.

mine flashes constantly regardless for approx 11 months!!! altho it's not been on for the last month…

Back to the top
It will be a loose connector on the sensor on the engine, then. Or a broken wire.

Back to the top
think we refitted all the wires after the new head was put on.. so god knows where the wire is…
could be anywhere…

Back to the top

doogle said

where abouts is the oil way on the head?

On an 8v it is directly on the driver's side. If you face the water outlet on that side the port is at about the 10 or 11 O'clock position. From the factory there will be a low pressure oil switch screwed into that position. That is why you have to decide if you still want the warning system or not, because that will depend on just what parts you will need and wiring if any to be done.

Back to the top
cheers, ill have a look again and see if i can find it
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.