Skip navigation

Where to look for a Mk1?

Back to the top

Where to look for a Mk1?

hello ben.need your help if poss,have sent you a pm.
cheers nifty

Back to the top

paul_c said

90% of GTIs have a sunroof

I know & that's not helping my odds. They are out there though, but i intend on keeping my next one for quite a while, so i am looking for 'the' right one.

We get back to 'fussy' again……   :lol:

Back to the top

huw169 said

paul_c said

I know & that's not helping my odds. They are out there though, but i intend on keeping my next one for quite a while, so i am looking for 'the' right one.

Everyone else knows that a non-sunroof GTI attracts a premium though. Fact is, you will probably never find one under ?1500. And if u do, then its going to be because its needing work elsewhere, or some other freak reason for sale.

These car's aint collectors objects, they're for driving, fiddling with, generally looking after and improving over time. If you really want one, take a chance, get one for less than your budget, keep some in reserve for the little jobs that will come up, etc.

Back to the top

nifty said

hello ben.need your help if poss,have sent you a pm.
cheers nifty

didnt receive it???

Back to the top

paul_c said

huw169 said

paul_c said

Everyone else knows that a non-sunroof GTI attracts a premium though. Fact is, you will probably never find one under ?1500. And if u do, then its going to be because its needing work elsewhere, or some other freak reason for sale.

These car's aint collectors objects, they're for driving, fiddling with, generally looking after and improving over time. If you really want one, take a chance, get one for less than your budget, keep some in reserve for the little jobs that will come up, etc.

I am coming around to that way of thinking, just hoping the right car will come along. Getting a tow ball fitted this week, so will have the abilty to collect something a little below par if needs be on a trailer.
I'm not looking for a trophy, just a solid base to start from.
Cheers

Back to the top
kinda having the same problem, just stick to a budget and go for the plunge! theres plenty around that ive seen on the websites youve mentioned, just go have a look, afterall, cars are moneypits and most, if not all of them need work all the time!

never know, may find a cheap one thats in really good cond.

Liam

Back to the top
there seems to be more GTI's around than the lower engine spec models from what I've seen, being fussy aswell i'm not after a 5 door and wanted one in silver, black or white, with a budget of around two grand and nothings came up yet.

Back to the top

Re: Where to look for a Mk1?

huw169 said

Doesn't seem to be many GTi's for sale at the mo, so was wondering where else to look.
I've tried the following:-
Club GTi
GolfGTI
Edition 38
Volkszone
Caddy forum
Piston heads

I've been looking for the right one for a year. They are either way over priced for a wreck or mint and over budget. Or 'boy racered' up and they still think it is worth loads - I wouldn't mind so much if they had some mods i liked.
All i'm looking for is a reasonably decent 1800 Gti without a sunroof. Ideally around the 1500 mark, but they just don't seem to be about at the moment - or I just can't find one.
Any other places i should be looking at???
Thanks
Huw
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.