Skip navigation

my mk1 5dr 20vt project now with new engine

Back to the top

Four Valves Per Door!

my mk1 5dr 20vt project now with new engine

Nice project mate,and being a five door might just put people off the cent a bit until you put your foot down and make them look like they are going the other way.
I shall be watching this topic to see your progress,I hope it all goes well :D

Back to the top
nice project, are you using factory management for the 1.8t

Inaris silver series 1. APX 1.8T REVO software, hybrid O2J/O2S 6 speed, peloquin diff, cabrio drives, toyota pas, 7.5x16 5X100 compomotive mo flatspokes, G60 ABS, 305 brembos octy vrs rears, coilovers and arb's by H&R

Back to the top
Where did you get the wheels and what tyres are you running
Cheers

Back to the top
Sorry guys for not replying to any messages i didnt realise i had any lol.

Im thinking of respraying the car but am not too sure as of what colour or colours to do it. I have had my mate photoshopping a few pics of the car changing colours and am trying to work out which one looks best.

As for the management i will be running megasquirt which is a standalone system that is fully mapable.  :P

The wheels i got from someone od ed38 picked them up for ?200 so feel they were a bit of a bargain  :D

I have now almost got the cooling system completed and started on the fueling system so i will start to post up some more pics of the progress.

Can anyone tell me where people have got their silicone boost hoses from im looking for one that goes from the inlet manifold to the intercooler that has the dump valve outlet on it. The inlet and ic both are 2.5"

Cheers for the interest and all the comments, it encourages me to complete the sleeper lol

Back to the top
nice  8)

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Hi to all, just thought i would give you all a quick update.

I have now completed the cooling system  :D  so thats one whole section ticked off the list.

I also purchased some vented and drilled scirocco disks.

ill post some picks up of my progress soon.

Back to the top
Looking good, any progress?

Back to the top
Nice 4dr!  What is the status?

Back to the top
nice thread any updates?

Back to the top
Sorry all i havent been updating lately. The engine was in a running, slight problem with the clutch tho (bought the wrong one).

Last saturday morning i decided i wanted to put a lower mileage engine in it. So i bought a 14000 mile engine from a 2005 seat ibiza cupra. This engine is 180 bhp as standard and is running a ko3s.

Anyway i will be getting this engine in next weekend and will be sure to add pictures of the swap and hopefully some vids of the car on the road in action.

With megasquirt i should be seeing around the 230-240 bhp mark instead of the 200 bhp mark with just the ko3 turbo.

Matt

Back to the top
Hi all,

Just thought i would share the good news, the golf is now up and running with the new engine

Here is the most current picture i have of it.

I will shortly be posting up some videos of it in action

Back to the top
did the original engine sell mate..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.