Skip navigation

NWM Christmas Meet

Back to the top

NWM Christmas Meet

Paul from past, any NW meets have been held at wiggan tree or preston brook, had this issue with a mk2 forum also, got abit tired of it, sure loads came, especially has they only lived round the corner from these locations.
I know roughly 20 mk1's in and around the Manchester & greater manchester area's and am sure their are many more.
Plus with work, kids etc some including myself are limited to driving certain distances due to these commitments for a regional meet i.e getting home to get kids ready for homework, bathed, fed & spend time with them and in bed ready for school next day.
If it were a show for instance Gaydon etc, sure i can do the traveling, but traveling 90 mile journeys for a standard meet is pointless in my opinon due to being needed elsewhere.
I love meets and meeting members, looking at cars and sharing and learning about the mk1's, but i feel that we also need to have a monthly meet for manchester area mk1 owners, this would be beneficial as we'd arrive home earlier and not disturb our daily goings
Pete

Back to the top
I see where you're coming from, I too am surprised there's no meets in Manchester, since there seem to be enough people from that area into their Mk1s. Maybe you should try start something up?

Back to the top
Pete,

Its been suggested many times about having a meet in Manchester but no one has stepped up to organise one.

It may not suit everyone to travel the distance and I appreciate that but if you wish to have a meet local to you then post up and organise one…….

Like you have!!!  :oops:

This thread is about drumming up support for the Wiggin Tree on 14/12/08 from 7pm onwards……

Lets keep on topic please.

Ta, Dan

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Peddersgolf said

Wales is good choice paul, get some top scenic places and shots, thou not south wales i hope.
During day and perferre a sat or sunday for it.
Anyone else fancy this?
Also going to have to start meets within manchester area, as end up places wirral all the time, somewhere like Bury, Trafford etc would be good
Pete
no worries in the new year will be looking at some meets more Manchester way.

Meets need to be spread a little so any suggestions considered think we need a another big meet in the new year like the cat and Fiddle one but this time more of a plan and a cruise etc need to get heads together but this will be on a new thread in the near future :D

Just thought I would post this again as im beginning to think some of the things i have posted are not getting viewed some how as i don't seem to get any responses too what ive posted  :dontknow:

I have no problems with helping to arrange meets in Manchester area as I live there help is here if needed just shout..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Now that the Manchester meet is out of the way…..

Who's coming to this one? It will be the last before Christmas and A5OPY has a BIG announcement to make!!!!!  :lol:

Dan (I'll be late arriving due to family christmas meal!!! Sorry)

Back to the top

Dano said

Who's coming to this one? It will be the last before Christmas and A5OPY has a BIG announcement to make!!!!!  :lol:

He's pregnant?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Dano said

He's pregnant?
Twins :wink:

Back to the top
I'll be there for 7ish :wink:

I dont know what anyone looks like, so if you see a tall ginger haired chap wave me over!

looking foward to meeting everyone :D

Greg 8)

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
Dear All,

The family have pulled rank and booked a full sit down meal for 6pm. My intention is to be tottally rude, scoff and toe and be down to the Wiggin Tree asap!!!!!  :oops:

Don't forget we have some special news that you (Northerners or high mileage travellers) can all enjoy and it will occur in January at some point!!!!!

Try and make it please. Everyone is welcome.

Dan

Back to the top
I will be there rom about 6 ish as we are eating slight problem is wont be in the Mk1 as I have a car full so will be in the Audi easy to spot the reg is J5OPY as aposed to my golf's A5OPY
see you guys later. :D

Back to the top
How did it go? Any pics?

Back to the top
Dan, i completley forgot about this.

Sorry mate!

I hope it was a good turnout though.

www.un-phased.com

Back to the top
don't worry about missing the meet the big one not to miss is in January :wink:  will post up details tonight

the meet was OK with a couple of new folks with their gti tin top for use to give the once over but it was a little cold and dark to hang around out side to we retired to the comfort of the pub for a good natter.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.