Skip navigation

75 swallowtail and 79 rat

Back to the top

75 swallowtail and 79 rat

so is anyone going to help me on the color or what. this has become my final decision

one or the other
you decide

Back to the top
Top one for me, though maybe because the car in question looks aawweeeesome!

Back to the top
I'd have to say a stock VW pastel shade from the 70s would be my first choice - if not then the top car looks best.

Rich

Back to the top
the last green is near to my house, abandonned since 20 years at the same place, kids of the neighberoods have destroy all the car with stones and their foots...

Back to the top
Top green because of said reason already mentioned.

Back to the top
i was thinking the top green too, does anyone know if it is an original? i looked at the color chart. im almost positive its not original swallowtail but is it an original rabbit color? just wondering.

anywhoo now on to decide interior. ive got ideas  ill post soon. im currently trying to get the original lowbacks in any condition.. crazyquiffs said they had a pair but havent gotten back to me. anyone got any they want to sell?  :wink:

also, how much work do you need to do to have a 16v swap? what are the basics? im debating….

Back to the top
bag it and drag it, don't be a ______.  :twisted:

mint green tan interior tuck them steelies.

:wink:

Back to the top

e-blockus said

also, how much work do you need to do to have a 16v swap? what are the basics? im debating….

Have a look at Paul_c's 16v conversion thread, and also the 16v FAQ may come in handy.

It's a reasonably straight-forward swap if you start with a big-block injection car, as you'll have the mounts in the right place, and the correct fuel system to start with.

If it's either a small-block or a carb'd car, there's more work involved but it's not impossible.

HTH

Rich

Back to the top
took out the engine. no lift just manhandled the baby out. me and a buddy dropped it out the bottom, lifted the car over and back and put it back down. ill post pics tomarrow. i was wondering what suspension setups you guys used. post your pics and tell your info. im planning to do the suspension first and im going low. real low. what do you guys recomend?

Back to the top
lets take it and get it blasted and primed

:dontknow:

Back to the top
H&R coilovers are supposed to be the dogs conkers if you can afford them

Back to the top
i spent a day adjusting cutting and making my coilovers work. im not sure if they are stock or what but i adjusted them all the way down, not low enough, then i cut the springs, adjusted them up because of rubbing so now im pretty low, tucked original steeles and awsome original hub caps. ive got whitewalls coming in the mail, should be here next week, then im gettin new tires.

p.s. my exaust, my down tube i think its called? broke in half and ive been driving with no exaust. took it appart today outside under my carport in the snow :banghead: gotta get it fixed tomarrow to drive in the fun snow :mrgreen:

anyways, pics for sure tomarrow. of both the 79 and the 75.

Back to the top
Cheers mate i love your 75 swallowtail !!!

Back to the top
apparently im not supposed to take pictures. every time i get a chance my battery dies, i cant charge it, it rains, or i dont have it.
that being said, i managed to get these

broken pipe

merry christmas., i have been driving with a tree on my roof since late november. :mrgreen:

here are my new seats
original hibacks welded into lowbacks and recovered with old bug seat fabric a buddy had.

it works.

Back to the top
i found a third adition on the side of the road. depending on the weather ill be towing it home tonight :mrgreen:  :dontknow:

its a suprise……

Back to the top
dude i love it :D

its just awesome, for some reason i just love the rat look

Back to the top
bad weather. real bad. so no new addition today. but im waking up tomarrow to do a few things. changing my belts.  :x getting a roof rack :mrgreen: and getting my new suprise.  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

still dont have my camera charger. no new pics. :dontknow:
maby tomarrow?

im so excited.

Back to the top
well………. :dontknow:

you can see the roof rack a little.
apperently it is for a bug but i bought it anyways 8O

mods

Back to the top
seriously, like 60 cm of snow around here.
my rabbit is neglected.

Back to the top
Hi mate, have you got your whitewalls on yet? After seeing this:

i'm really considering doing it and would like to see how it looks on a Golf

Joe
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.