Skip navigation

picked up cabby... finally some pics of seats

Back to the top

picked up cabby... finally some pics of seats

i picked up the cabby yesterday which put a huge smile on my face! as usual though there is downsides…. the front drivers side indicator dont work, tried the bulb, checked connections, still no luck, any ideas?

i need a new rear window frame (bpirie1000 you have a pm about that). the frame is badly rotten and has came away from the window and is letting in water, i woke up this morning and went outsise to fine a puddle in the boot.

the seats need a retrim. they are the half vinyl kina stuff? and the fabric is very badly worn!! its the fabric black with white stripes? if anyone can help with what interior would fit straight in? looks good? comfy? cheap? and where to get? lol long list i know

i need to cut the bonnet release cable and rejoin, to open the bonnet you have to pull the cable as the cable is around 8 inches too long

i didnt get any sound system with it, all i have is heaps of wires all over the place, any help with fitting would be great

thanks,
any help appreciated

Back to the top
your side repeater could be something as simple as a fuse.

as for window frame, theyre probably available new but look out for someone on the parts for sale section, whos breaking a cabby. failing that ebay or crazyquiff (<– Rich has everything you could imagine!!)

Back to the top
that interior is a black edition interior.. finding another like that that is in good ondition is difficult.

i do however have the interior i took out of my cab which i replaced with a black edition interior. (how good condition is the rear bench? we could do a swap or the likes?!)

i presume this is a B-reg black cab :D good luck with it! I've had mine 2 years and still got wiring to sort…

Back to the top
Any pics??? 8)

Back to the top
its the front indicator and is there a fuse for each indicator? i thought about just replacing the wires but im not sure what i should do?

the seats…. the rear bench is in fair condition… it does have a few rough looking parts but i will post some pics to let you see it. the front seats are basicly vinyl and tape- the guy i bought the car from taped the seats and they are basicly just covered in black tape

i have posted some pics in the newbie section, still more to come, i no you all like pics and i like taking them so im sure well get on fine lol

Back to the top
i'm interested in your rear bench for fabric :)
so first dibs please.

i do have a full cab interior available.

Back to the top
any pics of the interior ? hw much? ill take pics of the rear bench and let you see the condition

Back to the top
nice one mate

any pics of it then??

As to rear window frames, members get 10% off at car hoods northern and he does frames as well as hoods, clck link to left and speak to Vic, very helpful..

Back to the top
right update… still trying to get pics on photobucket… its being a pain in the a**e!!

but…

i have ordered new indicator holders with seals, screws, lenses for ?10, thought this was not bad (both front indicators)

i have ordered side tensioners as the wind was kinda making a noise, are these easy to fit?

Back to the top

rae_cabby said

i have ordered side tensioners as the wind was kinda making a noise, are these easy to fit?

Did mine a while ago, 4 hours on the first side and 20 mins on the second, can be a bit of a pain to be honest but worth it

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top
you've tightened the handles first havn't you? to help reduce wind noise as itf they aren\t tight enough the tensioners mean nothing!!

:D Good luck.. im avoiding my tensioners

Back to the top

staffords said

rae_cabby said

Did mine a while ago, 4 hours on the first side and 20 mins on the second, can be a bit of a pain to be honest but worth it

do you have any advice on fitting eg how to do it?

Back to the top
Best advice i can give is get someone else to do it  :lol:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top
ok ill give it a go myself as i have a lot of patience with the mk1 lol.

thinking on polishing the throttle body, its the audi one? would the polishing give much power gain or am i wasting my time? this would be untill i get the new engine but that could be months away yet

Back to the top
IF you get stuck with the cables just give me a shout i'll try help you best i can. As for the throttle body, i believe it does give a couple of bhp gain but i think the main benefit is better throttle response. I also have the audi TB i've just not fitted it yet  :oops:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top

staffords said

IF you get stuck with the cables just give me a shout i'll try help you best i can. As for the throttle body, i believe it does give a couple of bhp gain but i think the main benefit is better throttle response. I also have the audi TB i've just not fitted it yet  :oops:

i came lucky there as mine was fitted when i bought the car. it used to have the audi engine but the last owner took it out  :x

i have foud that being the soft top and all the extra strength weight it seems really slow, anyone with me here? until i get the conversion i would just like a little more off the mark power or torque. any ideas what else to do for that?

Back to the top
I have side tension cables to do on mine too. Maybe we should get together some weekend combine our efforts to figure them out? Failing that you can do yours and then I'll buy you big crate or 2 of beer to do mine! :)

Back to the top
^
may be getting together would be a great idea but my golf aint on the road right now. its sitting in the drive tucked up warm under a blanket  :D . when my tensioners arrive i will give them my best shot and let you know how i get on. i really dont want to put the car on the road when the window frame is rotten, dont really have the cash to buy a brand new one so if anyone knows of a cheap one ( must be good nik) then i want it lol. ive put up so many posts about this frame and had one reply from bpirie1000??? so i sent him a pm and asked if he accepted paypal and he aint replyd  :( . please lol i need one, i dont like puddles in the boot of my car lol

Back to the top
Think he is working away just now mate.

Back to the top

darth said

Think he is working away just now mate.

o that will wxplain why. cheers mate
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.