Skip navigation

keyfobs

Back to the top

keyfobs

after a lot off interest in another thread i have been looking at the idea and i can see it being feesably.  i have found that there is so many different designs out there that i would ask you what sort off keyfob you'd like.  a solid metal one in a silloete of a mk1 with address on it is quite expensive and wouldn't be finacial viable to include in a members pack. a clear plastic one with each club logo on either side is a good choice. or a loop style one with each club logo on one each end and web address inbetween i like the idea of ( my prefered chioce)

but i am open to suggestions.  i cannot implement any changes to the current merchandise range at the present but in the not so distant future there will be.

hello!

Back to the top
I am all for people wanting and then us producing, club logo keyrings.

But if you're doing the research/etc too, I'd be interested in a keyfob which is as close to originally supplied, as possible. A while ago at a show I bought one which is similar, but not the same. Obviously I understand there could be lots of variations (over the years), or different dealerships might have offered different things, but it would be nice!

PS Anyone know what the original keys and keyring are like? For a 1981 Golf, 1983 Golf and 1981 Scirocco too if poss.

Back to the top
I think a Keyfob is a great idea and would sell really well. I'd have one for sure.

I've been looking at the usual sites and getting prices and frankly if you want a quality item they are far, far too expensive to have in the Members Pack and too bulky.

As a merchandise item though I'd agree with Mark looking at it closely.

Cheers Mark, nice one.

T

Back to the top

paul_c said

But if you're doing the research/etc too, I'd be interested in a keyfob which is as close to originally supplied, as possible. A while ago at a show I bought one which is similar, but not the same. Obviously I understand there could be lots of variations (over the years), or different dealerships might have offered different things, but it would be nice!

PS Anyone know what the original keys and keyring are like? For a 1981 Golf, 1983 Golf and 1981 Scirocco too if poss.

originally supplied!!  that would be dealer specific and impossible to acheive.  unless your on about the actual key.  if you have any ideas i could look into then please email me.

hello!

Back to the top
Ooo keyrings, yes please :D

Banner

Back to the top

rov716y said

paul_c said

originally supplied!!  that would be dealer specific and impossible to acheive.  unless your on about the actual key.  if you have any ideas i could look into then please email me.

Are you sure they were dealer specific? I remember when my dad took delivery of a Mk1 Golf in 1977 and 1982 and the keyrings looked generic, ie no dealer advertising or logo on them.

Back to the top
Me, me, me for a key ring. How about a shaped Mk1 in aluminium or similar?

Not a fan of the tacky plastic ones though.

Back to the top
all i can find after a quick search is this:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/circlemotors_longbeach_ca_keyring1.jpg

a black leather one like this with club logos is that the sort of thing you mean paul?  if not if you find wat you mean get a pic up

this is the loop one i am on about above. i like these ones

http://www.1stimage.co.uk/assets/images/Loop_Key_Ring.jpg

hello!

Back to the top

thoyland said

i have thought about this i could get any decent engineering firm to laser cut them and engrave with the club address but they may turn out quite expensive due to us not ordering them in the 10's of thousands.  another possibility may be a rubber one.

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

thoyland said

i have thought about this i could get any decent engineering firm to laser cut them and engrave with the club address but they may turn out quite expensive due to us not ordering them in the 10's of thousands.  another possibility may be a rubber one.

why not try n find out who made the Haynes ones (these http://www.giftmonger.com/acatalog/Gifts_Haynes_VW_Golf_Keyring.html ) and get them made up?? Basics shapes there so no tooling req'd

Probably china tho!!!

Back to the top
theres also one like this

http://volksweststore.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=75

i been searching to fing out who makes ones like this.

hello!

Back to the top
There was someone on here recreating badges with a laser cutter or something like that. Could they do them??

Back to the top

rov716y said

all i can find after a quick search is this:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/dealers/circlemotors_longbeach_ca_keyring1.jpg

a black leather one like this with club logos is that the sort of thing you mean paul?  if not if you find wat you mean get a pic up

this is the loop one i am on about above. i like these ones

http://www.1stimage.co.uk/assets/images/Loop_Key_Ring.jpg

Of all the ones seen I prefer this one, anything tacky and plastic would be a no no.

/Users/cherie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2008/16 Sep 2008/DSC01016.JPG

Back to the top
could be good :D

Back to the top
Looking at the prices listed for these I would say they are too expensive for the Members Pack.

I too wouldn't want a cheap one so the leather one is probably the bst option although the Haynes one is nice.

Good idea to have an OEM looking fob though, that would be so cool.

T

Back to the top
OEM based one would be very nice

Please no tacky plastic ones ;)

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
tacky plastic not your thing rich?

Back to the top
I'm a leather man  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
plastic is my thing.. but that'll be the debit card i use to pay you all the time..  :wink:  i did reel off my numbers without even looking at the card!!!!!!

Back to the top
so no one likes the loop ones?

i will have alook for a supplier for the leather ones.

hello!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.