Skip navigation

What do you think?

Back to the top

What do you think?

could it be on the change over from s1 to s2 and thats why the interior and rear panel different? what other differences are there between a s1 and s2?

1984 white s2 golf gti , 2006 golf gti

Back to the top

woky said

could it be on the change over from s1 to s2 and thats why the interior and rear panel different? what other differences are there between a s1 and s2?

Nope - back panel and dashboard changed at the same time.

Back to the top

jaycab said

EG is an early mk2,i think.

EG is 1600 injection, ie series 1 and early series 2 Mk1 GTIs.

Back to the top
Thanks for the replies and advice guys.

He did mention about a gearbox fault when he drove it back from the previous owner, saying it only had 2 gears?

Im a bit unsure about the car, due to it not having any history.

So based on being unsure im not going to purchase the car.

www.un-phased.com

Back to the top
Does it now have an mot on it, does he actually have the v5, and does it state that it was registered overseas

Back to the top

bigdave said

could it not simply be the rear pannel was rotten and needed replacing some time in its past but the then owner couldn't find an s1 pannel?

I agree with Dave.

Is it not also possable that early in its life the owner modernised it in keeping with the release of the series2? :dontknow: ?

People have done this many times before i,e Mk4 lights into Mk3, newer alloys ect. It would be easier to do considering the shape of Mk1 lights.

Will be watching this one as i want to know now. :lol:

Back to the top
look whats been posted re crossover

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=48732

Maybe same deal?? W plate

Back to the top
He said it has a MOT 'just' so by that im gathering he means the end of the month, as that is when the tax runs out.

Where would it state that it was registerd over seas?

That red GTI posted above, is very similar :|

www.un-phased.com

Back to the top
it wouldn't state on the log book that it waas registered overseas. it would have the year of manufacture and the date of 1st registration (u.k.)

Back to the top
This was on Ebay about a year/18 months ago,and was a project then.Can shed any light on its genuine age,but it does seem to be the same car,I remember JAW and the slanted numberplate charectors.

It was a "needs work,as seen"thing then,and it seems a lot nicer than the pics then,so as regards gearbox,maybe its had more money thrown at it :dontknow:

Back to the top
I would probaly keep away from this one.

Back to the top
Yeah, cheers guys. Ive decided not to get this.

And spend the money on one of my other on going projects.

www.un-phased.com

Back to the top
:oops: it must be ev i was thinkin of sorry to :?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.