Skip navigation

Scottish Volkswagen Owners Festival - Bathgate, 26th October

Back to the top

Scottish Volkswagen Owners Festival - Bathgate, 26th October

Don't get me started on cars. My mk4 anni is at VW again. This time with worn buckets and cam lobe.  :roll:

Back to the top
Not going to make this show Due to work…. GRRRRR… But Next one I'll make sure I have the golf done and be available.

Hope to see some pics…….

Cheers and have fun guys and gals.

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top
Can't be helped mate. I'll be trigger happy on the camera too! :y:

Back to the top

marsredgti said

Eck said

If the plan is to meet up at 10.30 in Bathgate, I'd say 9.30 - 9.45 at dreghorn  :dontknow:

What says you?

Sounds great. Shall we say 0930 at Dreghorn for anybody coming from that end. Could meet at hermiston gate if anybody wants to join us there?

Sweet, see you at Dreghorn….   :y:

Think there may be a couple of floppy-tops coming along too  :wink:

Back to the top

Eck said

Not allowed I'm afraid.  :posh:  :starwars:

Back to the top
Ill be heading down by Dundee or Perth.

Darth, if your car is ok, will you be up for a wee convoy?!

Anyone else coming from this direction?

p.s  I just noticed your car's a floppy Darth,

erm

i cant meet you! I have to wash my hair….     :lol:   :lol:

Back to the top

S84 said

Ill be heading down by Dundee or Perth.

Darth, if your car is ok, will you be up for a wee convoy?!

Anyone else coming from this direction?

p.s  I just noticed your car's a floppy Darth,

erm

i cant meet you! I have to wash my hair….     :lol:   :lol:

Floppy FTW!!!  :mrgreen:

Well got the car back today with a new wheel bearing but unfortunately on the drive home through town i noticed my temp warning light flashing :( Since egtting the gauge fixed it has usually been sitting around the top of normal but guess today for some reason it must have nudged its way a notch upwards into the danger zone. Will do some investigation tomorrow and see how it is looking.

Even if it goes well i might not be able to make this now as it looks like i will be working saturday and need to get my bike fixed this weekend too :(  Doesn't sound like 'my kind' are welcome anyways  :roll:

Back to the top

marsredgti said

Eck said

Not allowed I'm afraid.  :posh:  :starwars:

Surely they could park at the back & discuss hair products and fake tan…  :dontknow:   :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
You my friend are the reason they think they drive 'real mk1s.'

give them an inch….

Back to the top

marsredgti said

give them an inch….

Have you been speaking to my wife…

Back to the top
8O

…maybe     :lol:

Back to the top
Right guys. I'll be there at about 1030 am. Not sure where we are going to park etc, but I'll be in the lhasa mk1 and wearing my mk1 owners club t-shirt (in mars red  :wink: ) if you cant find anyone! Just come over and say hello!

See you all there. If anybody gets lost my number is 07912311568 and I'll come find you! :y:

For those who can't make it…photos a plenty next week!

Back to the top
Sorry I'm definately not gonna make this :( Was really looking forward to it but have things that must take priority. Look forward to seeing the pics :)

Back to the top
made it by the skin of my side on teeth,stayed for a bit,bought wheels then had to leave for work. Nice gathering of mixed metal 8)

Back to the top
pics pics pics  :D

Back to the top

mk1 1.8 16v

i was disapointed with it guys really rather rubbish  :oops:  :banghead:  :cry:  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Why was it a disappointment?

Back to the top
I only managed to stay for an hour & a half as I had to leave at noon due to other commitments. At least it was indoors as the weather was a bit temperamental to say the least…. :roll:

Some very nice cars, a few cabby's in the hall - not any tintops tho  :cry:

Saw quite a few nice Mk1's outside in the carpark. To be honest I didn't realise it was going to be that busy. I had expected that we would be able to park all our Mk1's together for a nice photo, but due to the parking arrangements that wasn't possible. Meant I didn't get to meet any of the other Mk1 owners either…  :(  (except Marsredgti & my mate Craig)

Our 'official' photographer took some pictures, so hopefully he'll post them up soon  :wink:

We'll need to get another meet arranged so we can just talk, look & obsess about Mk1's  :D

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hello everyone!  :D

Oh dear, that didn't go too well did it?! The weather was terrible on the journey through (anything above 60mph was scary scary!) and it was colder than (something really really cold!) Even the cars inside weren't much to look at and the stalls were rather poor. Still, we supported another Scottish show so it isnt all bad. :y:

Not having a meeting point was a bit of a mistake as it was impossible to tell who the mk1 owners were and with nobody in their right mind hanging by their car in the (terrible) outside parking facilities this made it all the harder.

Anyway, i did chat to Andy (Eck), Craig, Chris (X5PEA), Darren (dubbed-up-daz), Scot (scotyboy) and a few others so it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Sorry if some people couldnt see me in my red t-shirt but I had to put a jacket on incase I froze to death.  :roll:  :lol:

Next meet I think should be somewhere where there is loads of space an on a suitably nice day (Stirling Castle again perhaps?  

Anyway, a few pictures of the mk1's…

Mine, and Ecks….

Indoors…

Darrens…

A caddy…

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.