Skip navigation

Any Scottish meets ever happen?

Back to the top

Any Scottish meets ever happen?

what about a Mk1 convoy to Bathgate?

Eberdeen, Scumdee, Bathgate!!

Back to the top
Alrighty then. Trip to Bathgate it is!

Shall PM the powers that be to list it in the Scottish section and start a fresh thread for interested parties to, urm.. show interest! :)

Back to the top
So far I think there have been only two 'official' scottish meets  :dontknow:  

1st one:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27225&highlight=scotland

and 2nd one:

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=28365&highlight=scotland

various other attempts have been made to organise further meets but with no success

If I don't have a winter league match on I'd be up for travelling to bathgate for a meet, would be nice to see lots of Mk1's there  :y:

Back to the top
about a 180mile round trip for me guys so think im outta that lol too south for you lot and to north for the english haha

Back to the top

chrismk1van said

about a 180mile round trip for me guys so think im outta that lol too south for you lot and to north for the english haha

Its about the same for me…come on, you know you want to!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
dont think of it as a long drive, but as a recreational experience in your car!

I love driving mine!   

(apart from the constant worry of whats going to go wrong next and listening for 'new' noises!)

Back to the top

S84 said

dont think of it as a long drive, but as a recreational experience in your car!

Exactly!   

S84 said

(apart from the constant worry of whats going to go wrong next and listening for 'new' noises!)

Glad its not just me that does that - My girlfriend has taken to calling me a freak everytime i have to turn down the radio because i think i've heard a new rattle or vibration which requires investigating!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i'll have to check if i am working or not but sounds good to me won't be in the golf though it is now in 1,000,000,000 bits…. it was in 300,000,000,000,000 bits.

the best airfix kit in the world. one you actually get to drive only problem is there are no instructions.  doh!!!!!

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top
mines may actually be ready and mot'd for the bathgate show,im only 20 mins away luckily so id probs just bump into you there.

BE WARNED there are largeish speed bumps on the entrance road to the bathgate sports complex

Im definately working that day but i dont start till 2 pm so i should be there for a while :D

Back to the top
I have put this meet on the Scottish section for you guys  :D
have a good meet I think this region needs a regional host so it might be worth you guys having a chat and deciding if any of you fancy the job the only thing I ask is that the host be a paid up member as I have some information to pass on to help you but you will need to be a member to accept it
cheers Andy.

pm me if you have any questions.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I will be going to the show on the 26th, hopefully in the mk1.

Back to the top

A5OPY said

I have put this meet on the Scottish section for you guys  :D
have a good meet I think this region needs a regional host so it might be worth you guys having a chat and deciding if any of you fancy the job the only thing I ask is that the host be a paid up member as I have some information to pass on to help you but you will need to be a member to accept it
cheers Andy.

pm me if you have any questions.

pm'd

Back to the top
I'd be happy to put myself forward for the job but as was said before, with Scotland being such a wide area it might be an idea to split it up and have more than one Area host to try and develop some local groups and meets instead of going country wide meaning all meets will require a long drive for most folks?

Back to the top
Think Mr 'Marsredgti' was/is the present regional host for scotland :dontknow:  think he  started / updates the scottish region page, however, haven't seen him on here as much these days. Have left a message for him on a post he put up on the SVAG forum.

Probably a good idea to split the scottish area into smaller regions, tho I don't mind traveling too far, as long as its sunny  :wink:

Back to the top

darth said

I'd be happy to put myself forward for the job but as was said before, with Scotland being such a wide area it might be an idea to split it up and have more than one Area host to try and develop some local groups and meets instead of going country wide meaning all meets will require a long drive for most folks?

or with the number of mk1s that are on here from scotland have a rolling 'round the regions meet'so you can get the most cars at a meet and get a drive in and will occasionaly get one on your doorstep. I now of a good few mk1's in the central bet so convoys from edinburgh or glasgow would be easily done :D

Back to the top

Eck said

Think Mr 'Marsredgti' was/is the present regional host for scotland :dontknow:  think he  started / updates the scottish region page, however, haven't seen him on here as much these days. Have left a message for him on a post he put up on the SVAG forum.

Probably a good idea to split the scottish area into smaller regions, tho I don't mind traveling too far, as long as its sunny  :wink:

OK, was under the impression that Scotland was The Forgotten region!  :mrgreen:

golf_coupe said

or with the number of mk1s that are on here from scotland have a rolling 'round the regions meet'so you can get the most cars at a meet and get a drive in and will occasionaly get one on your doorstep. I now of a good few mk1's in the central bet so convoys from edinburgh or glasgow would be easily done :D

That would be cool and I'm with Eck in that don't mind a bit of drive now and again but thought for building up numbers having a few more local meets where folks dont have to drive so far might start to build up numbers a little?
Obviously any Mk1 owner would be more than welcome to come along to any local meet if they fancied the drive and would hopefully we can get a larger Scottish presence on the forum over the coming months/years/decades!  :)

Back to the top
Gimme a bit notice and ill try my hardest to make meets,work constant backshift and do loads of outside hours workin on my mk1's. Hopefully have my golf up and running this week though so should be up and about v.soon  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

mk1 1.8 16v

sounds good to me have found that scottish meets fall through most times so we need to get the finger out and have some meets anywhere was at a meet at the falkirk wheel today was there for 2 hours not much cars or mingleing going on dont get me wrong the cars there where cool but only 2 mk1s i seen caddy + cabby no tin tops we need to get out where and show our wee cars off yes????????? :D  :lol:  8)

Back to the top
I have looked at Scotland and you are all right its a massive area
i have looked at splitting it up as follows

Lowlanders

Central ie Glasgow Edinburgh, Dundee etc

And Highlanders

what do you guys think all feed back good or bad welcome.

cheers Andy.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

Re: mk1 1.8 16v

tamthebam16v said

sounds good to me have found that scottish meets fall through most times so we need to get the finger out and have some meets anywhere was at a meet at the falkirk wheel today was there for 2 hours not much cars or mingleing going on dont get me wrong the cars there where cool but only 2 mk1s i seen caddy + cabby no tin tops we need to get out where and show our wee cars off yes????????? :D  :lol:  8)

I was there mingling all day dude need a faces to the site name post lol
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.