Skip navigation

Any Scottish meets ever happen?

Back to the top

Any Scottish meets ever happen?

Not shows or anything - just a Sunday tyre kicking session?

Used to be Aberdeen area rep for Skylineowners.com and we would generally have a meet up once a month for a blether, check out what everyone had been doing with their cars, some grub and a nice drive somewhere or whatever.

Back to the top
Guessing that'll be a no then!  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Go onto http://www.scottishvag.net/phpBB3/ and you will find loads of meets in Scotland

Back to the top
i'm 5 mile from scotland! im in carlisle!  not found anyone anywhere near me sao far!

Back to the top

chrismk1van said

i'm 5 mile from scotland! im in carlisle!  not found anyone anywhere near me sao far!

If you search for carlisle on the site its mentioned but I dont think they have meets there. They talk about heading for carlisle

Back to the top

ross_m said

Go onto http://www.scottishvag.net/phpBB3/ and you will find loads of meets in Scotland

Have signed up but its not the same really - all these new audis and stuff. Was hoping to see a convoy of MK1's!

ross_m said

chrismk1van said

We should meet half way and have our own meet! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
You could all make your own meet??

Thats how regions get off the ground if you need help and advise im your man :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I'm in Aberdeen and have a Mk1 cabrio.

Well up for this. Also into minis so know what a pain in the Butt organising one of these is. so if your reading this and local drop a post.

even if you don't have a car. or it is being built.

More the merrier.

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top

Back to the top
Ok you guys what you need to do is 1st suggest a meeting date and place this could be tricky as Scotland is a BIG place.

when you have decided on this give me a shout and I will change the Scotland pages on the regions section of the forum to help promote the meet.

My main advise is when you have set a date stick with it someone is bound to say " I cant do that day can you change it to the following week etc etc DONT BE TEMPTED if you keep changing the date it will be a disaster, if someone cant make it its tough but they can always make the next one.

you need to give as much notice as you can so folk can plan, the best days we have found are a Sunday as most folk are not working and have the time to travel and in your case travel could be the main word.

Try to make the meet somewhere where folk can get refreshment ie Cafe or Pub and try to plan a little cruise to another pub, there is nothing better than a convoy of mk1s on the road.

hope this helps a little but give me a shout when you get things going and i will help if I can
Good Luck.  :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
feelin that^^^ im the regional meet co-ordinator for the central belt. Not a great job lol

Back to the top
thanks for the words of wisdom. I'll stick my head together with Darth and see if we can come up with anything.

are there any flyers or anything for the site promoting it??

just thought I could stick it on some Nice V.W.'s get more folks involved.

get the bigger hammer. it always makes things better…..
Highland Regional host

Back to the top
Well i would propose Dundee as a location as it is a fairly even drive for folks in Aberdeen/Edinburgh/Glasgow. Date - how about end of October? Sunday 26th maybe?

What does everyone reckon?

Back to the top

mk1 1.8 16v

theres a scottish vw meet 26th october bathgate went last year got coilovers for ?40!!!!! good meet plenty of parts for sale and good people

Back to the top

Re: mk1 1.8 16v

tamthebam16v said

theres a scottish vw meet 26th october bathgate went last year got coilovers for ?40!!!!! good meet plenty of parts for sale and good people

Where about in Bathgate? Were there many people there? sounds good.

Back to the top

Back to the top
ill meet up,

im 50 miles south of Aberdeen (Dundee ish)  but willing to travel wherever for a meet.  I take my car off the road at the end of October so hopefully it can be arranged for before then!?

Lets get it sorted!

Back to the top

a.

Back to the top

S84 said

ill meet up,

im 50 miles south of Aberdeen (Dundee ish)  but willing to travel wherever for a meet.  I take my car off the road at the end of October so hopefully it can be arranged for before then!?

Lets get it sorted!

So keen you posted up twice!  :mrgreen:

Well i am away on holiday to Turkey on the 12th til the 19th, will be broke the following week and am sitting my Big bike test the week after that which is why i suggested the 26th which is apparently this Bathgate thing.

We need a concensus as to whether we meet up for that or perhaps have a pub meet on the Saturday?

Back to the top

mk1 1.8 16v

am going to bathgate guys its alright and i need a few parts and to get rid of some things to get ma car back on the road this month  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.