Skip navigation

Hans up if youv'e bought off German E bay

Back to the top

Hans up if youv'e bought off German E bay

DannyEss said

yradave said

Germans don't do Paypal at all really.

There's a few that will offer it but these will be the very few and far between, trust me I looked most days for a few months to get some big mirrors for my van on eBay.de and even if they did paypal you'll have to win the item and convincer them to post overseas.

you dont have to convince them to post it, you ask if they post it, they say no so you just leave it there. no point *CENSORED* them off more by bidding and they saying they wont send it.

That's exactly what I did. :wink:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
I won a set of 6 rims on Ger-bay at the end of last year.
I was well chuffed, spoke to the seller re shipping and payment (through the bank). However, once I'd paid (and he'd marked payment received on ebay) I had a right ballache trying to get the seller to send them after they were 'returned' to the sellers house…long story short I thought I'd lost ?200+ on a whim, but contacted the German rozzers.
Forgot all about it.
Then out of the blue I got a message from the bank - refund.   
Local police here weren't interested, ebay here were NOT helpful either.
Much KUDOS to the German authorities on that one.

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

sciroccoregisterforum.co.uk • Index page

Back to the top
a bit like the post just above…

my first ebay purchase was a set of bbs rims from a seller by the name of wolterlat or something. he had a god record on ebay (don't know if he's still a seller on there) but there was a delay in that he stopped replying to my  e-mails and even left e-bay until i filed a 'dispute' regarding the matter. when he replied he finally sent out the wheels but one of the rims is slightly chipped (nothing blatant though) and the sealant used to join the nuts is not wiped off so they don't look great yet. i can't remember if they are genuine vw bbs germany wheels but im sure they are.. (have to dig em out wherever i've put them lol).

basically i would recommend using ebay.co.uk or simply buy from ebay sellers in britain as it avoids the unusual system of paypal. this is not to slate german goods because as we know they are good quality.. just hope my experience was a one off for all of us.

simone
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.