Skip navigation

Lawsy family - BLUEY - project 2 tone commences....

Back to the top

Lawsy family - BLUEY - project 2 tone commences....

Hairyarse said

Nice find, I like it but lose the hub caps! :wink:  What are the plans for it?

plans at the moment are to sort the paint work out, lawsy to sort the carb etc out and to get some new wheels, oh and also to add some girly touches..

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top

MrsLawsy said

oh and also to add some girly touches..

I spose you have to do that! :roll:  :lol:   I love the colour!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

MrsLawsy said

oh and also to add some girly touches..

I spose you have to do that! :roll:  :lol:   I love the colour!

girly touches are a must…

Back to the top
Nice car are you not going for the 'rat look'…… leave that brid mess on!!  :D  hehehe, looking sweet anyhow good look.
'Girly touches' - I looked it up in the disctionary and there was a picture of a KA…………….. 8O
lol

Back to the top

Re: New Lawsy Family Member-But this time it is mine - BLU-Y

MrsLawsy said

it appears to be a concrete residue that has dripped down , so any ideas on how to remove this would be appreciated.

Does the residue itself contain concrete/ sand particles? If it doesn't I would try some Farecla G3 Compound but if that is too expensive try a bit of Jif or some other mild house hold abrasive but do a test piece somewhere first. Inside of rear wheel arch for example to check you don't damage the paint work.

Back to the top
Hope it cleans up a treat.

Back to the top
I always use toothpaste and a bit of water on a cloth, for the times when some rubbish driver signs the corner of your bumper with paint from their car. Works a treat as it contains a very mild abrasive.

If it is concrete stains that have been there a while you may find the lime has eaten into the paint work :(

Back to the top

paul_c said

X said

paul_c said

At least you'll know if/when you've gone right through the clearcoat and into the paintwork - the cloth will go from being kind of silvery/whitish/cloudy to red! Be very careful not to go through the clearcoat when polishing. If you do then it will need to be feathered in and out, which will be difficult on the roof. It might be the concrete dust has already affected more than the clearcoat, in which case….. lots more work.

Done that :banghead: i T-Cutted a lot of red off my car today, but 3 coats of wax seems to stop any tarnishing/corrosion :mrgreen:

Yeah but your car is a solid colour, Wendy's is a metallic so it has a clearcoat over the top of the metallic base coat. T-Cutting a solid colour car (beware, a lot these days also have clearcoat) will naturally colour the cloth with the paint colour of the car.

your encyclopedic knowledge strikes again

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Right i thought i would start the weekend early and start to try and get the cement poo off of the roof and bonnet, so i donned my rubber gloves and started the mission.

so lawsy got me a loads of stuff to try and the one thing we found that sort of worked was something i grabbed out of the bathroom cabinet , bath power and lots of elbow grease. So after 1 hour of scratching with a credit card and spraying on a bathroom cleaning product we are getting there very slowly.

also took the opputunity to take some more pics.

also noticed how straight the boot was.

more developments tomorrow.

Back to the top

MrsLawsy said

Wendy good work , car looks in very good condition . Tell Mr Lawsy his marigolds look nice on you .

:lol:

Back to the top
Its looking good isnt it… See how clean that last pic underneath is too..  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: and the arches all good, usual spotsin boot sound too. shame about the scuff accross the passenger doors

Managed to get it running too, little lumpy at first, but cleared up, think it needs a good blast and a service then all should be fine..  Defo needs all belts as well

So good evening work, just need to clean and scrub the seats/carpets and it'll be nice inside.

Hoping weathers nice tomorrow then I'm going to get the coilovers on the back of the hof, then the hofs -40mm old suspension (with brand new top mounts too) will be going on.. so fingers crossed fro good weather tomorrow then there'll be another update

Back to the top
Looking good Wendy  8)

Back to the top
Looks good!  I need to give my gti a nice cleaning.

Back to the top
Right today was a cleaning and lowering day.

blu-y is now seeking a new lease of life so the interior was removed , and then fully cleaned and scrubbed , carpet was also hoovered and washed.Boot liner is now gleeming like a diamond wow looks new ….

Whilst i was using elbow grease, lawsy was getting covered in grease as he was lowering blu-y down to -40 ish he i am sure he will update with the techy stuff in a mo…. blu-y is now nearly nose to nose with the "Hof " as you can see.

Interior was alo put back in ….

lots more to do, but i bet blu-y is smiling.

Back to the top
Yeah, a good hard days graft, started by putting the coilies on the back of the hof, see project hof for that one tho..

so i had the HOFS old suspension with NEW genuine VW top mounts ready to go on Bluey..

so, jacked up bluey, looks amazing underneath, no rust (just a little bit on seems on rear panel botton section below bumper) was expecting undoing the bolts to be a real cow, but with a little Lawsy Power they all came off, the springs are MCscrews old KONI's with standard damper up front, nice n low, but the rear springs were different, want to use same spring sets as front, but couldnt find my spring compressors so will redo them at some point, still lower tho, but not as low as front..
Before is tarte don the suspension, we stripped all interior out so mrslawsy could set about cleaning it, what a goob job too, and a 1.3 driver shell makes a good base to stand seats for cleaning…

so after all suspension work done, and wendy finished cleaning, refitted the boot liner (you should have seen it before she cleaned it, proper filthy) rear seats and parcel shelf, looking really good, carpets coem up really good too, not re-fitted front seats as yet as we need more carpet cleaner to finish them off.. Had a look at the belts today, they fan belt still looks liek its an original so i bet cam belt is too, so need to sort them ASAP, wheels are all pretty knackered too, so think Mrslawsy will be posting up a wanted ad now for some new (to her) wheels n tyres

Otherwise looking good and I'm really proud of Wendy for working so hard all day

Back to the top
needs a new petrol cap before it's next MOT fella.
looking good though mrs. lawsy.

Back to the top

novocaine said

needs a new petrol cap before it's next MOT fella.
looking good though mrs. lawsy.

petrol cap has now been changed  :D  :D

thanks

Back to the top
Well done you two, it's looking really good! I spend most of the day sorting my interior out too, tomorrow I'm doing the carpet, if I get the energy that is.

T :lol:

Back to the top

Tian said

Well done you two, it's looking really good! I spend most of the day sorting my interior out too, tomorrow I'm doing the carpet, if I get the energy that is.

Thanks Tian

I know that feeling i am shattered.

Back to the top

Tian said

cheers mate..
If you were a bit closer, I'd offer to give you a hand with the carpet
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.