Skip navigation

Apple BAAAD! Apple GOOOOOD!

Back to the top

Apple BAAAD! Apple GOOOOOD!

I actually think that apple are probably the worst company ive ever had to deal with when it comes to after sale care. unless youve shelled out ?300+ on their extended warranty they generally dont want to know. Thy'll will fob you off and hand you over to someone else who will do the same till you end up talking to a spotty 14 year old weekend boy at an authorised re-seller who wants your entire weeks wage just to look at your apple product! rant over!

Did i mention my new battery arrived this morning? which was very nearly a whole new problem!! the deal was that i give apple my bank details and provided the courier collected my old battery when they delivered my new 1, I wouldnt get charged anything. If i didnt send it back they would take ?70 for the new battery! The courier arrived at my house, gave me the package, i signed for it, turned round to get my damaged batt to give him and when I turned back he was in his van ready to drive off!! I ran after him and he knew absolutely nothing about a collection!! no paper work or anything! I opened the package theve sent and theres a sticker with the return address on it! no bag or envelope to send the old one back in!? ended up just putting it in the box it came in and giving that to the delivery man!

Back to the top
That's pretty much exactly what happened to me when I had to send them my ibook years ago, apart from the packaging - I got a really good box to put it in, but yeah, driver didn't have a clue.

As for resellers, I've never dealt with one that knew something I didn't. Not that I mean to say I know everything about apple, I know very little, but they're supposed to be professionals and they couldn't tell me anything I didn't already know or hadn't already told them…

I think when people ask if I like Apple or not I shoudl really say I'm "Begrudgingly pro-Apple"  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
apple have a reputation for not doing the extensive product test's that other companys of a similier size do (IBM) the machines go though a rapid fail test and a few other choice tests to proof they are safe then go on sale. the consumers test the product and when it fails apple does as they have here and add updates to the next generation.

this is why products the the air have so many updates in the first year.

also why the air was sold then removed from sale after heat sink issues.

good bless a company that has such a good image they know they can get awy with this.

Back to the top
I dropped my MBP a while ago and got it repaired for free, wasn't a mark or a scratch on it!

Although I did have the applecare.

Got an iPhone too and finally after a few updates everything works as it should!! Whoop!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.