Skip navigation

travelling to work how long

Back to the top

travelling to work how long

so how long do people spend going to work ??

ive just been offered a very well paid job in hastings which is 1 hour 30 minutes from my house. I going there today to see the guy and seal the deal ect .

to start with im going to commute every day until we move to tenterden where my better half will be working

im only interested in the job because its over 30k a year which is good money for someone with no qaulifications :lol:

Back to the top
at the moment its a 15-20min drive for me but in 3 weeks time the company's moving the other side of the city pushing my commute up to about 40mins!

Back to the top
as a lot of people know i dont drive so my commute at the moment is about 2 hours one way so 4 hours a day travelling.

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top

MrsLawsy said

as a lot of people know i dont drive so my commute at the moment is about 2 hours one way so 4 hours a day travelling.

Ouch!!!!  That's harsh!!!  I travel 20 minutes…. found backroads to avoid traffic… otherwise it'd be 30-40 minutes… traffic sucks!!!!  over 30k seems like it's worth the journey though mate… congrats!!

Back to the top
I used to do 3 hours a day, all up the M1 got fed up
with it in the end, money was very good but got
made redundant, so that finished it off  :roll:

Spudfingers, just noticed you are in Northants too
where are you based fella????

Dibbler

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top

dibbler said

I used to do 3 hours a day, all up the M1 got fed up
with it in the end, money was very good but got
made redundant, so that finished it off  :roll:

Spudfingers, just noticed you are in Northants too
where are you based fella????

Dibbler

I'm in Corby mate… about 30-40 Mins from Northampton.. 5 mins from Kettering…. 20 mins from Wellingborough… where are you mate?

Back to the top
Anything between 1-3hours depending on what site I am at that day!! that's the trouble with living by the seaside!! :lol:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
My G/F works in Corby. I work in Cambridge, we live between the two and it takes us both about 45 minutes though I'm usually closer to an hour..

I think you'll be heading down the A14 on that communte, which might mean it'll take longer than 1h30. I drive it almost every day and it's always really busy, and from Huntingdon to the M11 there are average speed cameras so you can't make up any time there. Not that it matters you'll be lucky to get above 50mph…

Back to the top
My step-dad travels all over the UK, driving for hours n hours some days.
But gets to stop over night, so does it still count??  :)

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
Spudfingers:  Im in Roade , 2 mins from the M1 Junction 15.
Not a lot of MK1`s in N`Hampton, so if im over your way, I
will keep an eye out :wink:

Dibbler

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
20 minute drive then 10 minute walk - too tight to pay to park in town, plus it's a bit of exercise!

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
30 mins in the car
15 mins on the bike
20 mins in the push bike
traffic in warrington sucks.

Back to the top
Mate I used to work just over an our away, via A Roads and Motorway mainly and it nearly drove me mad. We were thinking about moving when I got the job but the area and job just didn't pan out the way we wanted.

I now work about five miles from home instead of over thirty and love it. The job isn't as good but the money is the same and I get to see my kids, add to that the money I save on petrol and it's happy days all round.

T

Back to the top

mk1john said

20 minute drive then 10 minute walk - too tight to pay to park in town, plus it's a bit of exercise!

:lol: I walk 10 mins too cos I'm too tight to pay ?2.20/day parking. Mght not sound much but over a year that's knocking on ?500.00 and that's a new TV, some decent alloys a new roof and inner liner, half way towards a leather interior ete, etc…..

T 8O

Back to the top

dibbler said

Spudfingers:  Im in Roade , 2 mins from the M1 Junction 15.
Not a lot of MK1`s in N`Hampton, so if im over your way, I
will keep an eye out :wink:

Dibbler

You're right mate… hardly any… I've seen one light blue one outside Halfords in Wellingborough and one light brown caddy in Kettering… that's it!!!  If your ever over my way mate give me a shout and I'll buy you a pint… just bought my first gti so we can check the motors out.  I'll pm ya in order to keep this thread on topic fella.

Tian is right… there's nothing better than waking up, showering, throwing clothes on and being in work… all within an hour!!   :lol:

Back to the top
My record to work is 13 minutes from bed to clocking on. :lol:

It's about 7.5 miles to work for me but I can do it quickly because I'm never driving in rush hour (always driving everyone else through it)

If it's the right jobn for the right money then 1.5 hours to work could be doable for me. :dontknow:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
I work from home for a large Telecom company the other day my first job was next door  :D

Back to the top

chudd said

I work from home for a large Telecom company the other day my first job was next door  :D

Were you late? You guys are always late. Even on the first appointment, you're late!

God bless you if you were late.

T :lol:

Back to the top

chudd said

know of any jobs going? sounds better than HBOS…

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

chudd said

LOL …. chudd doesn't even have to change his under-crackers…. bed to work in seconds… I want to work from home  :banghead:   I have VPN and dial in quite often but work still refuse to let me work from home…. sitting in your pants eating wotsits and getting paid… that's the life for me  :dance:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.