Skip navigation

got bored earlier

Back to the top

got bored earlier

tyeness said

Mate, I haven't seen a Quark icon in ages!

It's all about the InDesign now  8)

I know that, you know that, tell the people i work for!!

Quark 7 is absolutly pants! slow, over complex, full of bugs and it crashes! Indesign does everything quark can do but 1000% easier!

dose this screen grab of (part of) my tool bar restore your faith at all?

Back to the top
Ha ha, quality.

I did used to love quark 6 but I've never used 7. Indesign is awesome though.
My old job used to use freehand for more or less everything  8O

What's that on the end? PDF ripper thingummy? Only ever used Distiller for PDFs

Back to the top
distiller for super compressed pdfs (thats something else no one else i work with uses), then the silver crescent and red X are 'Apogee X' its the computer to plate driver.

Back to the top
As dave will know, although we don't have any icons on our desktop, they are filling the dock menu at the bottom

^_^

i should get rid of some as i dont use most of them :D

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
Yeah the people I used to work with were immune to ripping pdfs, just used to use Export functions all the time - bit sloppy I think…

Do you work in a printers then? I've never had to print plates, nor do I have any desire too, wouldn't know where to start!

Back to the top
I used to work as a plate maker for a company in South Yorkshire so i know that side of the business quite well but with the company im with at the moment i dont need to have anything to do with the actual plate making!

We have a hot folder on the network that makes pdf's from any file you put in it but i prefer distilling files as you get alot more control over the resulting pdf!

X, icons take up memory so the more you've got in your tool bar the slower your computer goes. having said that I recently reduced the tool bar on my home mac down to 26 icons!!   8O
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.