Skip navigation

10 GRAND MK1 GOLF ON EBAY

Back to the top

10 GRAND MK1 GOLF ON EBAY

I can think of a topic very recently which sent a perspective owner/member away with a very bad taste in their mouth and strangely enough it wasn't the normal pranksters and jokers of the forum who were the instigators of the problems. Both yourself and paul are right in what you say and helpful constructive topics and friendly enjoyable banter can very quickly become tainted by moronic comments. Whether it be banter that goes too far, not thinking before typing or people getting their backs up, I think weve all on occasion posted comments which in hindsight would have been better left in our heads and we will continue to do so.

Some things are best left unsaid but until you've said them how do you know?

Back to the top
aaahh hindsight, what a wonderful thing

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
1ok for a mk1? bah silly

Back to the top
Tip for people who want to sell a mk1 on here but aren't a member:

put it on E-Bay then post a link saying: Wow! isn't this well priced!

:mrgreen:

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Tip for people who want to sell a mk1 on here but aren't a member:

put it on E-Bay then post a link saying: Wow! isn't this well priced!

:mrgreen:

Loads of people have done that before and had their posts pulled. A large number were getting pulled, people started being more and more subtle about it. A minority of people were determined to try and circumvent the rules. So eventually, ALL links no matter how much it looked like discussion and not a FS advert, were pulled.

Whether the mods have stopped doing this now,  :dontknow:

Back to the top

paul_c said

No

Back to the top

chudd said

paul_c said

No

I guess that answers Mk1_Arron's concerns as posted twice above then!

Back to the top
so is this not a cars for sale thread then?

Back to the top

NathBlack said

If it disappears into a puff of smoke, you'll know the answer!

Back to the top
Original post was.  

Apologies if someone else has posted a thread already, but i've just been on ebay and seen a mk1 golf on ebay- the owner wants 10 grand!!! beautiful car but what do you think?

You do your own home work and find a 10 grand Mk1 on Ebay , a car for sale link . Don't think so .   

What car ?

Back to the top
I did not mean to create a fuss, cause any negative comments, or hamper the sellers efforts to let go of a great car. On the contrary I just wanted to promote a conversation over the price of a MK1 Golf posted up on Ebay for 10,495.  Theres not many Golfs I have seen going for that price and thought fellow members would give feedback on the condition of the car and on the whole just have a crack on about how great the MK1 Golf really is… Apologies if this has offended some people as it was not my intention to do so. I do know of the owner and live approx 10mins away from him and wish him luck with the sale too

Back to the top
paul has rang me yesterday (the owner of the mk1 for sale) he doesnt realy care wat people think about the price ov the car as it is a stunning car and and belongs on a shelf  8)

Back to the top

chudd said

Original post was.  

What car ?

he he good one nige! :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, was just havin' a bit of banter.

Back to the top
My opinion is as relative as anyone elses, but in times where i've seen highly detailed air cooled cars sell for 15k-30k plus (and these are domestic UK sales) I think it's a good thing that a well built and well detailed Mk1 is going for a good price, I bet he's spent 25 grand on that car easily.

Back to the top
Agreed, I don't know how anyone can say the guy is asking too much

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.