Skip navigation

FULL RESPRAY

Back to the top

Back to the top
'just curious?'

Back to the top

Back to the top

A5OPY said

can we please get things into perspective here to prep a car for 8 days at the average hourly rate would cost ?3776

so we can take it unless the spray job cost ?5000+ in total they didnt take 8 days unless there was no metal on the car and each panel had to be replaced which they didnt do.

so lets work this out logically

if the spray job cost say ?2000 in total which is about what you should be paying for a reasonable job

paint and liquor and other consumables ie rubbing down papers/ compound and filler costs  costs approx ?375 tops

so 2000 - 375= ?1625 to prep and spray car lets say just for example it takes 2 day to spray and polish which is  prob over the top but not unfeasible.
So that's spray labour at say the average garage labour cost of ?59 per hour = 59x 16hrs =?944  so far we have 375+944= ?1319
leaving 2.7 days to prep which is about right

8 days is over the top and i don't care what anyone says if you truly except that 8 days is the correct time to prep then your bill for a true respray should be ( if done by a good body shop)

?3776 to prep
?375 paint etc etc
?944 labour to paint and polish etc
giving a total of ?5095
so even if you got the paint etc for nowt still cost you over 4.5k

so if anyone on here has paid 4.5k for a paint job will you please let me know so i can  :lol:

run that by me again andy :mrgreen:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
I'm very fussy on who paints my cars and use to use the main VW dealer till they got overspray all over a mint 65,000 mile mk1 I trusted them with. For the last ten years I've been going to a bodyshop who loves 80's classics but his main work comes in from Toyota so he tend to be a little slow with mine but his works spot on. Always quotes me when I take the car in (striped as much as possible) and sticks to his quote and uses Glasurit paint at my request. Last full respray I paid ?1300 including some panel work so judging by what I've just been reading I think I'm getting a good deal!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.