Skip navigation

mk1 golf notop! *updated original post

Back to the top

mk1 golf notop! *updated original post

Nah, I just had weird V Dubs etc.  SOmething different or I'm not satisfied. Split Ambulance, Trekkers, factory built military beetle, golf Country etc.  The pic of the VW ILTIS is of mine last year.  Bought it to play with, had fun out of it and sold on at a profit…..I'm on my 3rd Mk1 Cabby, 4th Mk1 and 7th VW Cabrio of any sort.

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Variety is the spice of life?

The VW Iltis is definitely one of the weirdest VWs out there….and must be pretty rare these days. Ranks not too far behind the little post van they did.

Back to the top
Engine and pedals, handbrake etc. are Golf derived; Polo headlamps; Beetle steering wheel, speedo and seats; Trekker windscreen; Audi Quattro drive; Merc rear lights….pick a parts bin!  Hard to believe it won the Paris/Dakar rally in 1980…and in factory standard trim!  Great fun to drive.  Quite quick. Aerodynamic as a brick and no friends!…..Military fans see it as a VW, VW people see it as a military thing and an Audi, Audi people see it as a VW and 4x4 people…….are 4x4 people.

Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
thought you'd like to see how its coming along. (dont let all the random lines put u off)!

Back to the top

bigdave said

thought you'd like to see how its coming along. (dont let all the random lines put u off)!

now shorten it in the middle by 2 foot

Back to the top
why? if you shorten it theres goin to be nowhere for the front seats to go!

Back to the top
and add these

Back to the top
actually wooder thats quite funny. will look into getting some costums, cheers for the idea, kids and adults will love it. i can see some charity drives coming up. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i'm getting quite excited about it now.

do you think it would look better with squarer drops in the doors.

i think it could.

Back to the top
Seriously, the artwork above remided me of the Manx with Corvair enging in The Thomas Crown Affair.  'Speedster' style windscreen aswell

Back to the top

lennyhope said

Seriously, the artwork above remided me of the Manx with Corvair enging in The Thomas Crown Affair.  'Speedster' style windscreen aswell

thats kinda the idea behind it.

i am adding s/steel bumpers too

Back to the top
Approve.....

Back to the top
gotta real great feeling about this, it'll be great.

Back to the top
roof is off now, really taking shape. looking kinda nice too. very reluctant to cut the doors down tho. looks ace.

Back to the top
latest pics:

Back to the top
I did a wee photoshop of it and I now realise I could have waited for you to take the roof off yourself before I cut it off on photoshop :lol: but thought you would like to see it anyway as I added bucket seats, clipper kit and 'welded' up the doors etc..

I can add more or change bits if you like.

Ross

Back to the top
i'm liking what i see, thanks

Back to the top
I kinda got 1/2 way thru the illustration of it and whatalotafun had already dived in and just about finished the project so no point finishing it!  :wink:

Back to the top
come on bigdave. Finish it off. Really want to see it. Would like to see it with squarer droped doors.

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

come on bigdave. Finish it off. Really want to see it. Would like to see it with squarer droped doors.

Come on whatalotafun. Finish it off. Really want to see it.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.