Skip navigation

mk1 golf notop! *updated original post

Back to the top

mk1 golf notop! *updated original post

ChrisRivage said

Nice idea summat a little more like this then??

Yes please!

That's hillarious. I want it.  8O

Back to the top
Just a factual piece of info with that, It had a full leather cover that went fully over to protect it from rain no hood as such was ace! fastened in with this cool water proof zipping!  :lol:  awesome!

Back to the top
I'm no expert, but wouldn't it be miserable to drive in the rain? And almost completely uninsurable?

Back to the top
very close, but you've got to remember that i will have a hood, just a small pop stud one. will be flat top from top of front window to rollbar, then straight off back of rollbar to rear of car, no rear window. no doors. no side windows just quaters. so will still look very like the original car.

Back to the top
There was a half finished project in a Golf Mag a few months ago. The guy had started just what you're talking about. It was a roadster and he was selling it. It did look really neat although I don't think Wooders would like it.

T

Back to the top
Sounds like a great idea, though I think it'd only be worth it if it was going to look factory and not like a poor old cabby somebody just cut up  :dontknow:

Back to the top
will do the best i can but i do insist on doing al the work myself, unless i  physically cant do it.

but it won't be no cut n shut job.

Back to the top
ok guys if anyone has photoshop and the skills required to use it.

id like a preveiw of just what this thing will look like.
here:

i suppy a picture for your  manipulation.

pic with welded doors, no locks and doors cut wit a semi circle down as for as the side trim (want to keep trim if i can)

rest of the details are in the first post

Back to the top
thats ALOT of work from just one picture!! I'll see what i can do. may have to re-illustrate it.

Back to the top
what do you want as far as windscreen? full screen or just a stumpy?

Back to the top
can you show me one as it is and one with it cut to 1/2,
cut the original rollbar down by half too. (if you can)

thanks big dave.

what other pics do you need?

Back to the top
im kinda fashioning the car from bits of other mk1s. (door cards, seats, roll bar etc…)

once ive shaped it i'll re draw it in illustrator to make it clean and tidy. It'l look better than is possible with a photo!

you sticking with the p slots or something else?

Back to the top
thinking a bit like this:

however, due to doors will need new door card.

going for bare ally or s/s  sheet door cards with original door pulls on inside.

and whole interior is going (if i can find someone who wants it) and just having front (basic black) bucket seats.

thanks again big dave. :mrgreen:

Back to the top
p slots staying, 100%

Back to the top
just to  keep u updated, ive not forgotten about this! It'll be ready in the next few days.  :D

Back to the top
thanks.
dean

Back to the top
I bought an old 1979 Golf GLS and chopped it around here and there, added a some G wagen rear lights, polo front lenses, Audi Quattro 4x4 system, 1700 Golf engine, roll cage etc and thought it needed the military look so just bought some NATO paint and this was the result….

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
sorry to sat that if that is all you can manage, it's not really up to scratch. maybe you could bring it round and i'll have a go at sorting it out for you.

but if thats the best out there at the mo, mine should be fantastic.
 :mrgreen:

Back to the top
How about this for an idea….could look better.  A cross between the Golf Syncro Country and the Mk1 Golf Cabriolet,  Built by Biagini in Italy…a proper production VW

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
looks like a lada cossack with a golf shell and a skoda estelle front grill and lights rolling on ats cups

not for me

if you like 4x4's so much why you got a golf mk1?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.